Christmas Trees

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20171125_103340.jpg

I hadn't seen a thread with trees yet so I started one. I hadn't put up a tree in several years but decided to this year. I have decorations for a much larger tree so they wouldn't all fit on this one. I put decorations on it until I couldn't find a place to put anymore.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have mine up yet, but that will be my first project on Monday. Hubby will be on the outside putting wreaths on the windows across the front of the house.

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have one up yet but what a pretty tree! I love the star on top. I think the one we put up will be about that size too. Hopefully my cat won't try to play with it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Your tree is beautiful, Karen!

OK, this is Christmas at our house this year.

XmasKitchenWindow.jpg

XmasKitchenHutch.jpg

The living room tree.....I had to get The Beast into the picture, too. She's nervous because we just clipped her claws and tried to clean around her eyes....and she was not amused.
XmasLRTreeBeast.jpg

The Tacky White Tree of 2017 (which looks just like the Tacky White Tree of many other years)
XmasTWT2017.jpg

The Santa picture. It has animals and birds that we see all the time in our neighborhood; that's the reason I wanted it so badly.
Santa2017.jpg

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Mine only has the clear lights it came strung with, and I put a huge, red fabric loopy bow at the top. I hate doing ornaments; I'm lazy, and having cats is a great excuse not to! The only ornaments are Smedley's stuffed fish and mouse toys. He takes them into the upper part of the tree, and sometimes leaves them there.

My tree looks awful right now. Smedley takes his prey, uh, TOYS, into the tree, and I think he's knocked some wires loose, so only the bottom lights now work.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Your tree is beautiful, Karen!

OK, this is Christmas at our house this year.

View attachment 210351

View attachment 210352

The living room tree.....I had to get The Beast into the picture, too. She's nervous because we just clipped her claws and tried to clean around her eyes....and she was not amused.
View attachment 210353

The Tacky White Tree of 2017 (which looks just like the Tacky White Tree of many other years)
View attachment 210354

The Santa picture. It has animals and birds that we see all the time in our neighborhood; that's the reason I wanted it so badly.
View attachment 210355
Wow! If you're not in the holiday spirit in your house, you never will be! I would sing "Deck the Halls..." but you've already decked them! If you had a fireplace, there would be two black boots hanging down.

I like the Tacky White Tree.

Fantastic job!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful trees! I'm pretty amazed you can put up your trees so early. Ours isn't going up till the 24th; Mowgli has already been working on the decorations I put up just yesterday.
jcat jcat - You must be doing something wrong; I've done tree-trimming the same way just about forever, with the tree going up December first. I start with the lights, working from the bottom (where the plug is) to the top, in a tight spiral. Once the lights are checked visually to be sure there aren't too many same-coloured lights grouped together, I start hanging the vintage blown glass ornaments, making certain that each one hangs freely. When they're all up, I start the vintage lead icicles, saved from year to year, laying them each individually, from the inside of the branches to the outside, keeping them nice and even. The kitties just love looking at the tree; the only real annoyance is that it's mighty cold upstairs in the carriage house.

newbarntree.jpg

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
jcat jcat - You must be doing something wrong; I've done tree-trimming the same way just about forever, with the tree going up December first. I start with the lights, working from the bottom (where the plug is) to the top, in a tight spiral. Once the lights are checked visually to be sure there aren't too many same-coloured lights grouped together, I start hanging the vintage blown glass ornaments, making certain that each one hangs freely. When they're all up, I start the vintage lead icicles, saved from year to year, laying them each individually, from the inside of the branches to the outside, keeping them nice and even. The kitties just love looking at the tree; the only real annoyance is that it's mighty cold upstairs in the carriage house.

View attachment 210490
Our last cat destroyed two strings of lights in one day his first Christmas. We did without lights for a couple of years till I found cordless ones. He also climbed the real tree, so we got an artificial one. I didn't dare use any breakable ornaments because he stripped the tree of "cat toys" daily for as long as the tree was up. Usually he hid them under the living room carpet or throw rugs where they got stepped on. He loved Christmas trees so much that I didn't have the heart to rob him of his fun by simply not having one.

Mowgli isn't quite as bad, but he wrecks a few decorations every year.

Yesterday a woman with a couple of kids, cats and dogs told me she puts up her tree on the 24th, barricades it, and takes it down on the 26th.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never put my tree here. I still have issues with part of the lights at the bottom being out. Maybe next year. When it comes down, I will check out what I can, but since the lights have been replaced two times, I think the tree is going out the door. I will get another one. I saw a beautiful tree one half price at Target. It is still close to two hundred bucks. Sorry, I don't put that much in Christmas trees, so I am going to watch the sales after Christmas. Belk has their Christmas on sale now for 75% off. Maybe I will catch one there.