Christmas Trees

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those are some really Awesome Christmas trees!:) Sorry this late but just wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy, and Great New Year! The cat in this gif, is me after Christmas. LOL

Attachments

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_1353.JPG

Soooo, yes... that is a Christmas ficus tree. (sorry for the ginormous pic)

The ficus is up all year 'round, so the cats don't pay any more attention to it when I decorate it.
It's a little tricky, because the branches are delicate, so, only lightweight decorations allowed.

The other bit of decor we put up is the lighted ceramic village.

IMG_1350.JPG

Both the tree skirt and the snowflakes were made by my late grandmother.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_3073.JPG
It's us, the non-Christmas celebrators. My folks and I used to have this as a secular holiday because that's what most people here do. I have some decorations that I do put up, and I invite one of my Exes for a big dinner because he's over here by himself and it is his tradition/holiday. So here are some of the decorations. Some of these belonged to my mom and I have no idea how old they are, but they're very precious to me. And this is about as Christmas Tree as I get.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome K Kiminnb ! :hellosmiley: Chance is a beautiful cat with very lovely facial features. He seems to be enjoying the Christmas season. Thanks for your kind wishes and I look forward to seeing you and Chance very soon on the site!

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful decorations .. brave brave souls! We did wooden ornaments and the tree lasted long enough for me to add them so I was very pleased by this progress :) I think the smaller size, table and tree skirt helped? We had a big white tree last year and had to take it down after A matter where of hours

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful decorations .. brave brave souls! We did wooden ornaments and the tree lasted long enough for me to add them so I was very pleased by this progress :) I think the smaller size, table and tree skirt helped? We had a big white tree last year and had to take it down after A matter where of hours
I see there's quite a bit of interest being shown there :winkcat:

Kiminnb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome K Kiminnb ! :hellosmiley: Chance is a beautiful cat with very lovely facial features. He seems to be enjoying the Christmas season.
Chance is a Turkish Angora and has a very angular head as should be. The fluff make everything look softer.
And the tree is put away now - as cute as he is I just didn’t want any more destruction this year LOL. Next year only unbreakables!!!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chance is a Turkish Angora and has a very angular head as should be. The fluff make everything look softer.
And the tree is put away now - as cute as he is I just didn’t want any more destruction this year LOL. Next year only unbreakables!!!
I am watching a documentary on the beautiful Turkish Angora cats, I do love them. The photo of Chance surrounded
by all the beautiful ornaments, especially the blue one against his fur makes for a very special portrait. He seems like he did enjoy the tree!:)

Kiminnb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The photo of Chance surrounded
by all the beautiful ornaments, especially the blue one against his fur makes for a very special portrait. He seems like he did enjoy the tree!:)
Yes. And he enjoyed killing the blue whale as well. Shattered!! But I not trade him for a thousand pretty ornaments. He is my pretty ornament.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. And he enjoyed killing the blue whale as well. Shattered!! But I not trade him for a thousand pretty ornaments. He is my pretty ornament.
Yes, a beloved feline family member is a million times more precious than any inanimate object! and there are a lot of very beautiful and cute ornaments that are not breakable.

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, rascalshadownj2 rascalshadownj2 , for your wonderful Christmas wishes, I am enjoying the trees, too!! Merry Christmas!:deer::evergreen:
You're Welcome raysmyheart. Hope you had a nice Christmas. :santa::evergreen:
View attachment 211361

Soooo, yes... that is a Christmas ficus tree. (sorry for the ginormous pic)

The ficus is up all year 'round, so the cats don't pay any more attention to it when I decorate it.
It's a little tricky, because the branches are delicate, so, only lightweight decorations allowed.

The other bit of decor we put up is the lighted ceramic village.

View attachment 211362

Both the tree skirt and the snowflakes were made by my late grandmother.
That tree is really cool. We used to have a ficus a long time ago, but something happened that it died! :dunno: Not sure if it got some kind of fungus. But we were sorry to lose it. That tree skirt and snowflakes are pretty too. You are lucky that you kept them all those years to remember your grandmother. Hope you had a nice Christmas too!

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! When I started the Christmas tree venture this year I
Haha I almost gave up on the tree all together this year (even thought of putting it on the ceiling) but somehow the tree skirt made the tree very unappealing so ta da! That fact is really funny to me though because he still messes with table clothes depending on what they’re made of?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you raysmyheart and rascalshadownj2. Christmas was always a big deal with our family because my grandmother's birthday was Dec 24. Grandma made tree skirts for myself, my dad, and my aunt. Unfortunately, my dad passed away last January, so this has been a difficult Christmas. Since I already had a tree skirt and snowflakes, my much younger sister got the ones that were dads. She sent me a picture of her little tree with all the heritage trimmings. It did bring a smile.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought my tree in 2009 from Wal Mart for less than forty dollars. I had light problems all of Christmas and never posted my picture here. Last week, they had the same tree and I bought it again for $19.50 on their 50% off sale. I will be sending mine somewhere where else. I did open my new box and check the lights to be sure they all were working.