Christmas Trees

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'll print off this thread, and hang it from the door frame in our living room, the paper dangling down in one long fell swoop. Milly might wrestle with the end of the thread, but at least I'll have a series of great trees to look at!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 210779
Our last cat destroyed two strings of lights in one day his first Christmas. We did without lights for a couple of years till I found cordless ones. He also climbed the real tree, so we got an artificial one. I didn't dare use any breakable ornaments because he stripped the tree of "cat toys" daily for as long as the tree was up. Usually he hid them under the living room carpet or throw rugs where they got stepped on. He loved Christmas trees so much that I didn't have the heart to rob him of his fun by simply not having one.

Mowgli isn't quite as bad, but he wrecks a few decorations every year.

Yesterday a woman with a couple of kids, cats and dogs told me she puts up her tree on the 24th, barricades it, and takes it down on the 26th.
Your cat reminds me so much of how I had to do when Max was alive and lived in the house. There were no breakable ornaments on the tree then.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For various reasons we decided on no tree or decorations this year. This was making me sad so I just rummaged around in the storage closet and pulled out a little stuff. This is my sorry attempt at a "sort of" Christmas tree. At least there's lights and ornaments! :biggrin:
20171221_122625.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For various reasons we decided on no tree or decorations this year. This was making me sad so I just rummaged around in the storage closet and pulled out a little stuff. This is my sorry attempt at a "sort of" Christmas tree. At least there's lights and ornaments! :biggrin:
View attachment 210794
weebeasties weebeasties - Best Christmas tree ever; it was born of the Heart - from longing for what Christmas once was, rather than from embracing what Christmas has become - a modernist concept that, "more is always better." This is no, "sorry attempt" - this is a Christmas tree.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like your 'tree'. We used to call them Charlie Brown Christmas trees and I think they are adorable.

Everyone has lovely trees including the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
weebeasties weebeasties - Best Christmas tree ever; it was born of the Heart - from longing for what Christmas once was, rather than from embracing what Christmas has become - a modernist concept that, "more is always better." This is no, "sorry attempt" - this is a Christmas tree.
Thanks guys!:blush:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 210794
"It’s Festivus… for the rest of us!"

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, weebeasties weebeasties , I LOVE your tree! The branches are just right to show off the very lovely, delicate ornaments.

I really love seeing all of these trees of my friends on this site.

Well, ...my tree is only about 12 inches tall, it happens to be a snowglobe in the shape of a tree that runs on batteries and swirls the glitter through the water, changing colors and whirling snow like a blizzard. It has a magical effect and it is just great for Speedy and me! During these few weeks, I keep it on all night while I am sleeping.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, ...my tree is only about 12 inches tall, it happens to be a snowglobe in the shape of a tree that runs on batteries and swirls the glitter through the water, changing colors and whirling snow like a blizzard. It has a magical effect and it is just great for Speedy and me! During these few weeks, I keep it on all night while I am sleeping.

Like this?

IMG_7799.JPG