Christmas tree that cats won't try to eat or climb.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
May I suggest an artificial small tree like a fake birch tree? It would make the decorations higher and the way the branches are would prevent cats to jump in it. It's not as impressive looking as a regular Christmas tree but it keeps the spirit and you can still used the same decorations in them. And if you like it, you can just remove the decorations and keep it out all read round without seeming out of season!
Here is a picture of what I mean:
[/URL]

I wish you the best of luck with your kitty dilemma!
Nice! My mom has a small tree like that. She keeps it out all year and decorates it according to the season or holiday.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I know I’m late to the conversation, but I was staring at this little handmade Christmas tree decoration that my assistant at work gave me a few years ago, and I started to think about all of the issues (and creative solutions) with cats and trees.

This decoration is only 9 1/2 inches tall, but if you were craft-y, you could make a larger one. Each of the “branches” is essentially a fabric pillow. In fact, I recall that she said she didn’t even sew anything. She wrapped each pillow with the fabric and then glued it in place. The cats check it out every year (and shed on it), but it’s boring and they leave it alone. :)
56E81BBF-E77F-4956-8DC3-E5E39109BBA8.jpeg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly what I'd do is get a natural tree-like cat tree and slap some safe fairylights or decorations near / on it. here's some ideas i found on google
View attachment 305304View attachment 305305View attachment 305306View attachment 305307View attachment 305309View attachment 305308
I mean, the cats are family and gotta be in the holidays, yknow?
Yes I was thinking ceramic tree
But like a 4 foot if they make it in ceramic
Sort of like the second one up from the bottom