Christmas Tree Biters

Kittenkatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitties like to bite on my Christmas tree all the time and I don’t want them getting hurt on something if they break a light bulb or anything. Does anyone know of any products that I can spray on my tree so the cats won’t be on it any more? Spray or anything that works really.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not spray it on the light bulbs when they are lit.

You're going to need to put it on thick and cover the whole tree with it. Choose a time when you can have the windows open.

That's just how bitter apple usually works. I have no idea if it will keep the cats from biting the tree. I knew one cat who loved Tabasco sauce.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had a little success this year with making sachets of orange peels and hanging them from the under side of the tree. My girls only chew the branches of our artificial tree thankfully. One of the best deterrents has been spraying the tree with a can of compressed air when I hear them chewing. It makes a sharp hiss and the noise is directed from the tree. I think that helps. Of course they still try when I'm not around. When they were little we kept our tree in a room that we could shut the door to.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so organized! One year I scotch taped the ornaments to the wall in the shape of a tree. They were all bouncable ( so much of my life has involved bouncable stuff and the puter doesn't think it's a word, sigh.)