Christmas stockings

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you give your pets a Christmas stocking or Christmas presents?

So I stuffed the cats & the puppies Christmas stocking. I let the cats play with the catnip ginger bread men early of course! I buy stuff for my kitty, my mom’s cats & this year the 2 new puppies at my mom’s house.

Jackie is the lynx point & my kitty. Nick (his littermate that my mom adopted) is the baby panther.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We've been exchanging gifts with one of our closest animal friends in the neighborhood for a long time. Instead of an ornament I put a new pic of each pet in a cute picture frame. Since our kids are grown and left home I don't decorate as much anymore.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got new stockings for everyone this year, so from left to right there is mine, Maisie's, Remy's, Flora's, and Poppy's. I tried to embroider our names on them but it was taking forever and I got impatient so undid it and didn't bother with trying again.

1638724026040.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They do have stockings that I got at Target that have their initials on them but I don't hang them. They get presents every year. This year they are getting a tree and a scratching post. They already got the tree. It's been approved by both but Lilith has claimed ownership of the bed on top. She supervised me putting it together and was all over it as soon as I was done.

The Tree: FRISCO 41-in Faux Fur Cat Tree, Dark Charcoal - Chewy.com

It's a great tree especially for the price. I just wish that all the posts were wrapped in sisal.

The scratching post: FRISCO 35-in Heavy Duty Sisal Cat Scratching Post with Toy, Gray - Chewy.com

I got the post with Sophie in mind. She's at the scratching posts multiple times a day every day. Especially after naps or a bout of the zoomies. She loves them and is tough on them which is why we have so many. I think this one will be a big hit. It's supposed to be here Wednesday.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper doesn't have a Christmas stocking but we do get him presents for Christmas.

We adopted Casper just after Christmas. The first day when we brought him home, we bought him all the necessary cat accoutrements... food, cat toys, kitty treats, etc. We figured Casper would spend most of the day hiding out so we left him to his own devices. He spent most of the day hiding out under the bed.

It has been a long day for everybody so we streamlined the house and went to bed. We put all of Casper's stuff up, in the cupboard above the fridge, where it would be safe then went up and turned in. Later that night, we heard some scuffling downstairs but we figured Casper was just exploring his new digs. We heard some scratching in the litter box. "Okay," we thought, "Casper found his box!" We rolled over and went back to sleep, secure in the knowledge that Casper was making himself at home.

It wasn't until morning, when we came downstairs, that we discovered just how "at home" Casper made himself!

There, in the middle of the kitchen floor, was Casper's bag of Temptations cat treats! It had been torn asunder!

That silly cat climbed up, on top of the fridge, opened the cupboard door, threw the cat treats down, then went down to eat every last crumb!

Ever since then, Casper's Christmas present has been a bag of his favorite treats. We just give him the whole thing and let him go to town. The video, above, is one we took at Christmas a couple of years ago.

Although cats don't understand what Christmas is, they do sense the commotion around the house and we figure that, since Casper is part of our family, he should have some fun, too.

Besides, we think it's fun to watch him tear into the bag.

Christmas is the one day a year when Casper can have all the kitty treats he wants. ;)