Christmas my MIL

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know we've gone through gifts for (I'd better not say elderly, my MIL would kill me) more mature folks in the past. I remember saying that stamps were a good gift. My MIL has everything she needs, but she has a lot of car trouble. What do you think about a AAA membership? She has an older vehicle and I think they have a pretty good reputation for coming out for a driver in need. I haven't checked prices and I'm on a budget. Still, it would probably beat another iron...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes! She does use the car wash! Thank you...I didn't even think of that. I was over at her house one day when she was complaining about her no good iron. She had forgotten I was the one that gave it to her. :lol:

And she could use a nice vacuum with some attachments...she mentioned something...I wish I had taken more notice.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Know any older truck drivers in the area? The old school type of big rig driver, willing to inspect a vehicle for nothing as long as the elderly are concerned and safety is an issue? Perhaps the lady's car is not up to speed, and a simple inspection by someone who knows what to look for would be great. Working lights & flashers, good rubber & equal tire pressure, fluids all up to the proper level (drained & refilled if past their time), brake check for service & parking brakes, clean glass all around, basic breakdown kit including simple tools, flashlight, bottled water, blankets, matches or lighter, food or snacks (like beef jerky or peanuts, high protein material to give a person energy in an emergency), etc. This is NOT rocket science, and many women perform these checks, fluid changes, etc., with no hassle or shame. In this Brave New World, it's best for each and every driver & vehicle owner to perform such routine checks and make their lives safer & easier, 10-4? I'm just sayin'... folks have died for the most ridiculous reasons when it comes to the road, so rig your vehicle with everything ya might need in an emergency in your local area. Oh, yeah, those "space blankets" and military rations come in handy, might not be the Ritz-Carlton but ya won't FREAKIN' DIE, AYE??? Again, I'm just sayin'... too many folks get into bad situations with weather & whatnot on the road. Hope this simple advice helps the OP... 🚛

Edit: YouTube video tutorials are your friends in such situations, if it so happens that you're not experienced this way, aye? :hellocomputer:

Last edited:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The AAA is a good idea especially as you've said she has alot of car trouble.