I've been trying to find an actual Christmas cactus since I found out there was a difference, and they seem to be super rare. Every one I see in stores is a Thanksgiving cactus.
My cats love to chomp them, that's why mine are at work, lol. Ok, one is at home, I have it on a wide windowsill surrounded by cat spike mats, but the cats still sometimes manage to get a bite in now and then. The cacti are, fortunately, quite edible and not toxic at all (could still cause vomiting, like grass). But of course Geoffrey might be better behaved. . .Wonder if Geoffrey would chomp in it???
My cats never touch mine, but then I have them on high glass shelves I've trained them to stay off of. The important thing is to keep them in a room that has the natural length of daylight. They bloom when the days get shorter; that's why Mani's don't bloom at Christmas because it's summer in Australia and the days are long.After seeing all of these; makes me want a flowering cactus. Do not care what holiday.
Wonder if Geoffrey would chomp in it???
Probably, as Ruby has. But only once, I think. And I didn't even know she had, until I heard the heaving of pending vomit, followed by a puddle with green specks in it. Course I Googled, found out they were non-toxic to cats, and still called the emergency vet, just to be sure.Wonder if Geoffrey would chomp in it???