Christmas cacti vs Thanksgiving cacti

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My red and white Thanksgiving cactus is in full bloom right now, and the Christmas cactus is budding up and some buds may bloom in a day or so.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My red and white Thanksgiving cactus is in full bloom right now, and the Christmas cactus is budding up and some buds may bloom in a day or so.
Sounds beautiful. Love to see pics, if you can post some.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds beautiful. Love to see pics, if you can post some.
I wish I could. I had to get a new computer, and I haven't yet figured out how to take pictures with my phone and get them to the computer. I used to email them to myself, but now I can't access email on my phone. The story goes on, but I'm sure you will understand. Technology has gotten the better of me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My Easter cactus just started blooming, about the same time it did last year. If all the buds open up, it’s going to be gorgeous!

Attachments

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m in Florida and leave all of mine outside year round, unless temps drop into the 30s. They are on a bench, pretty much full sun all day. They bloom at Christmas every year. I did find an Easter cactus at Walmart this year, first time I’ve had one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Right before Christmas I picked up a few more flowering cactus plants. The garden center had some different colors and I wanted one other than the standard fuchsia I had. I was feeling a bit nostalgic and these were so popular when I was a kid and getting different colors was the thing to do. I picked up a white one and she also had a pot with three different colors in it. They were all blooming when I picked them up. I think they are confused as they are starting to bloom again!

IMG_5987.jpg
IMG_5988.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice AbbysMom AbbysMom ! I only have the regular fuschia colors. Both are getting ready to bloom again; this is the third time for both of them since November. At work, they always bloomed three times, but when I brought them home, it took them a while to get adjusted to the light in the Shed. I kept them out on the Deck last summer and that seemed to help.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh! My Easter cactuses are blooming right now but not even close to that prolifically! Very nice.

I just bought some real Christmas cactus clippings on eBay, and am trying to root them now. If they make it I'll get a picture once they're potted.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Thanksgiving cactus started blooming about Halloween, and the Christmas cactus is budding and starting to bloom. Both are early to my mind.