chondromalacia patella

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I've been diagnosed with this for over a year now. Well it's been getting worse so I went back to the doctor today. He talked about surgery!
I thought that at most, I was going to have to get a cortisone shot! I have it bad in both knees. The doctor talked about making an incision and cleaning out under the knee caps and also doing a lateral release to have my knee caps go back on track. I go in for an MRI tomorrow to see if this is really necessary... I'm really scared! Any kind of surgery is a big deal for me because I have blood clotting factors in my blood that makes me prone to have a blood clot. He also said it would be a 8-10 week recovery process!
Anyone else have "runner's knee"?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cho...atella/DS00777

I have had runners knee for over half my life ... about two yrs after diagnosis I had surgery , found out that it was a overgrown tissue that ripped ( a tissue that is normally found only in Infants ( I was 16
) ) took it out... that knee has little issue outside of weather change now.. the other knee has some issue but not surgery...

In my case the problem would NOT have been seen on a mri and the surgery cost little more than the mri ( a few hundred $ difference)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FYI: .. normal recoup time then was 7-10 DAYS ... due to the issue I had mine was 3-4 weeks on crutches