Chocolate cookie similar to Oreo...but no icing???

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's all in the title. Is there a chocolate wafer cookie out there that's similar to the oreo cookie but no icing?

I want to make chocolate peppermint bark but with a crunch using coarse "oreo" cookie. I know I can just crush oreos, but I don't want the icing.
I also know I can buy oreo crumbs used for crusts and such, but they are crushed too fine.

Thanks!

Edit:
Do these taste similar to oreo?
1637430390222.png

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cookies used in ice cream sandwiches are pretty much the same as the Oreo wafers. Can't offer much more, but it might help your search. Hydrox cookies are about the same as Oreos--that might be something to try searching (actually the Hydrox cookie is the original--Leaf Brands is supposed to be making them again after Sunshine dropped them, but I've yet to find any in the store).

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever come across the Nabisco brand choc wafer, but we do have the Christie brand like pictured above (I'm in Canada). They pretty much are the same I guess....at least they look like it.
Thanks everyone. :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did a little bit of research and Christie has been a part of Nabisco since 1928. No wonder the packaging is almost the same. They're both Mondelez brands, now. Most likely, they're virtually the same, but just are made in different countries.

• Purraise