Chocolate Babka?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Has anybody ever made Chocolate Babka? I got the recipe in an email from King Arthur as this month's BakeAlong and I think I want to try it. If you've made it, can you give me any tips or tweaks? If it comes out OK, I may serve this with Easter dinner! It looks positively decadent!

http://blog.kingarthurflour.com/2017/04/03/chocolate-babka-bakealong/

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Has anybody ever made Chocolate Babka? I got the recipe in an email from King Arthur as this month's BakeAlong and I think I want to try it. If you've made it, can you give me any tips or tweaks? If it comes out OK, I may serve this with Easter dinner! It looks positively decadent!

http://blog.kingarthurflour.com/2017/04/03/chocolate-babka-bakealong/
Yes, don't over or under heat the milk when using yeast.  If you're familiar with using yeast then you should be set.

Don't forget the egg wash, something I've done.

Not sure of the recipe you have, but it's pretty simple if you follow to the letter.

Here is a link to the one I've made a few times - Use it as a guide as far as the pictures go.

You won't be sorry.  

PS - are there any open seats at your table. yummmy....  I'm jealous. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am familiar with yeast and, most of the time, I use instant yeast; it's not as picky about temperatures. The recipe was linked in my post. It looks fairly easy, but I've always heard that forming the babka can be a pain. I guess I'll find out.  Thanks!

And c'mon over....always room around here!

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am familiar with yeast and, most of the time, I use instant yeast; it's not as picky about temperatures. The recipe was linked in my post. It looks fairly easy, but I've always heard that forming the babka can be a pain. I guess I'll find out.  Thanks!

And c'mon over....always room around here!
I found it fairly easy to work with.  You seemed like a seasoned baker, I think you'll be happy with the results. 

Even if it doesn't come out pretty on the first try, I can tell you by experience - it still tastes pretty darn good. LOL

ENJOY!!!

I used the instant yeast also.