Chit Chat

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we all know what certain vocalizations mean from our animals in our house hold. Right now I hear one of the girls across the house making her "where is everyone" meow. A few hours ago, I heard her making a similar meow, but it's a bit deeper and more drawn out.

Meow A means "I'm lonely and sad. Someone come hang out with me."
Meow B means "I killed something. Wanna see?"
Meow C means "I killed something, and you might be next". (This is usually done in a carrier en route to the vet.)
Meow D means "I ate that something I killed and now I'm going to barf."
Meow E means "We're hungry. Feed us before we pack up and hunt you."
Meow F means "Hello, slave" (They prefer to call me an "unpaid volunteer" for legal purposes)

Purr A means "I love you"
Purr B means "I like you OK" (This is slower and interrupted for a few seconds, because I'm making too much noise for them to nap)
Purr C means "You're hogging my oxygen" and is usually interrupted for a few seconds every minute or two because I shift and accidentally bump or move them when I'm half asleep.
Purr D means "I love you more than life itself and if anyone would ever try to hurt you, I'd beat the tar out of them."
If humans could purr, I'd be purring a "D"

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet! Olive has a purr that means “I love you so deeply I would like to crawl into your mouth and live in your face.” This is accompanied by her putting her face so close to mine and maybe some headbutts.

She also has the Murph of Wakefulness which occurs if you touch her head when she is sleeping. I have never done this to illicit the Murph. :crossfingers:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi mostly uses the "follow me mama" cry, then he leads me to whatever he wants. Maggie is still a little feral, so she only does a meep meep sound, but she doesn't do it very often, only when she really wants something.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Austin has this high pitched little meow that I immediately know he is up to something. It's always good that I get up and check.

Cricket will sit next to my bed and go Meow! Meow! Meow! and that means it's time for "social hour." (I have to go into the other bedroom and sit with her while she eats.)