Chicken and Beef free treat recommendations?

Freddieandchip

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is on a food allergy trial and I was wondering if anyone knows of any treats similar to temptations that are free of chicken and beef. My vet gave me some food recommendations rather than putting him on a prescription diet because of the cost and since it’s just a trial but I’m having trouble finding treat options. I got him some freeze dried salmon and he loves it but my older cats don’t like it. I feel bad because they get all excited when he has his salmon but won’t eat it but I don’t want to give them their treats at the same time because I don’t want my cat that’s on the trial to eat them. I have been separating them for treats when me and my mom are both home but it’s very difficult to do that when we’re alone so I’d really like to get something that they can all have together.

I’m moving out soon and I’m only taking my 2 cats (they both like the salmon), the older ones are my moms. I will most likely continue to feed him the salmon since it’s so much healthier, I’m just looking for something to give them until then because my older cats really enjoy their treats and I don’t want to take away something that they enjoy so much, especially at their old age.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
These aren't really like temptations but what about Orijen tundra treats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freddieandchip

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi
These aren't really like temptations but what about Orijen tundra treats?
I’ll definitely try them! Thank you for the recommendation. They look like the texture may be a little closer to what they would like, the salmon is very flaky.