Chewy Website Is Not All It's Cut Out To Be!

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ordered 3 cases of Fancy Feast and a 40 lb. bag of Dr. Elsey's. They actually threw all 3 cases in the box on top of the litter. Every single case had dented cans. No card board cover like they did in my previous order to try out Tiny Tiger. The rep said they are doing this to "reduce their carbon footprint."

Okay, I get that but you're sort of missing the point if you have to send out replacements. I choose the refund option. The issued a refund for a whole case. I don't blame the rep or anything, but the lack of common sense is just baffling.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ordered 3 cases of Fancy Feast and a 40 lb. bag of Dr. Elsey's. They actually threw all 3 cases in the box on top of the litter. Every single case had dented cans. No card board cover like they did in my previous order to try out Tiny Tiger. The rep said they are doing this to "reduce their carbon footprint."

Okay, I get that but you're sort of missing the point if you have to send out replacements. I choose the refund option. The issued a refund for a whole case. I don't blame the rep or anything, but the lack of common sense is just baffling.
I have taken to doing my orders for canned goods and bagged goods a few days apart because of this. Way too many damaged bags of food from the cans breaking the bags in transport. I do one order, wait until I get shipping notification and do the second. The only problem I've had recently was they shipped a single pouch of food instead of a case, took them a few times but they eventually got it right.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Kieka Kieka that is a really good idea! I just had one more box from Chewy with the dove food torn open and scattered around the cat food. I also appreciate their work and they have saved me a fortune in meds, but the messy boxes are getting pretty consistent.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy doesn't have shipping to Canada. I have no experience with them but have found many of these sites you have to remember to untick auto ship or you end up with way to much stuff and an overcharged credit card.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since I only have 1 cat, it’s tough to make the $49 minimum for the free shipping. Sango is very picky and won’t touch the premium brands no matter how many times I’ve tried.

I normally buy 2-3 weeks’ worth of wet food at Pet Supplies Plus which is priced per can similarly or sometimes cheaper with coupon. The local store has had some supply issues lately so I decided to give Chewy a try. I’m not sure if I’ll order wet food again from them. They’ve gotten lots of my money from other cat supplies like cat trees, fountains, toys, etc. Sango’s a wee bit spoiled even if she doesn’t realize it :)

pipervali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm really hit or miss with Chewy. I have Amazon Prime so I regularly am comparing their prices. Generally I only use Chewy when I know I'm getting a decently hefty order, because otherwise I get the free shipping with Prime and I don't have to worry about hitting the $49 minimum. I do find the prices pretty comparable though. And Chewy tends to have a wider variety.

One plus I do have, Chewy generally uses Fedex for their shipping. And one of my best friends, her father is my Fedex delivery driver. So my packages are always well taken care of. Prime is far more hit or miss. I've actually run over two packages because Prime drivers placed them on the trunk of my car and I didn't see them before pulling down my driveway where they slid off and under my car in the process.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chewy doesn't have shipping to Canada. I have no experience with them but have found many of these sites you have to remember to untick auto ship or you end up with way to much stuff and an overcharged credit card.
Chewy by default is set to NOT Autoship when you do an order; you have to physically choose "YES please Autoship!" at checkout.