Chewy Website Is Not All It's Cut Out To Be!

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What does the prednisolone cost from them?
10 or 11 cents a pill reg and auto ship. Lately it’s been out of stock constantly and I’ve ordered from multiple sites depending on where I can find it. Even paying shipping on other sites it’s been half the price I paid at my vet.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
10 or 11 cents a pill reg and auto ship. Lately it’s been out of stock constantly and I’ve ordered from multiple sites depending on where I can find it. Even paying shipping on other sites it’s been half the price I paid at my vet.
That's too bad, it's about the same price as my vet once shipping is figured in. Thanks.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Chewy has been very good with my dog's meds and during all that is going on I frequently got emails asking me to order now if I wanted to be sure that I would get them on time. Eventually, it amounted to having quite a stockpile but since he has to have them I never quibbled about it. Delivery on other things is usually acceptable....I would say one out of ten arrives very late and necessitates a trip to the store.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope this is not off topic... but Chewy has a special on gift cards 10% off until Dec. 5th. I'm stocking up to buy future food and litter supplies. :)

KattTrinos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have ordered from there since I adopted my boys in June. FedEx lost an entire months worth of food for my 2 cats and dog and they sent me another order for free. It was at least $150.00. With my hours cut due to Covid I certainly couldn't replace the items so I will be loyal to Chewy from now on. I think their excellent customer service is why people love them so much. For example my friend is a foster mom for cats and unfortunately a cat died in her care. Not only did Chewy refund her for the special food and tell her to donate it they sent her flowers. Top notch service! :)

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know how on-topic this is but I've had nothing but good experiences with Chewy. We had ordered one of the HUGE bags of dog food for our Big Ole DumDum (not his name lmao) shortly before he crossed the rainbow bridge due to a degenerative nerve condition that affected his hips, and we ended up not needing it - and when we explained the situation to chewy, they let us keep the food (donated it to a shelter), refunded our money, and even sent flowers and their condolences on our loss.

I've bought several crates for Simon that he ended up HATING, and every time, they've refunded the money and just told me to donate the non-needed crates to local animal shelters. The only issue I've had was right when Quarantine started and they ran out of the specific litter we were using for Simon, which wasn't a huge deal as we were able to find it elsewhere; Same with the l-lysine paste, which we got from our vet for 1-2 months until they had it back in stock.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they'll send it (they keep some product in reserve for Autoship customers) and sometimes they won't (if they're completely out). You can wait and see or else contact them to ask.
I must have gotten some of the reserve because I had to bump up my autoship and it says that item is being shipped. :woo:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was checking out Chewy's website because that's what I seem to do non-stop nowadays. I had no idea Dr Pol had a brand of dry cat food.
20201216_104454.jpg

ariinya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought HandsOn All-In-One Pet Bathing & Grooming Gloves from Chewy, and after receiving a Medium pair, realized I needed a Small.

Chewy not only facilitated the trade, they asked me to keep the Medium pair and donate them to an animal shelter in my area, which I am absolutely going to do when they open back up after New Year's.

They were also very friendly, and very patient with me. I forget things a lot (such as buying the original pair when there was a sale... :X), and talking with people is not exactly my area of expertise. I'm usually the cynic agreeing that these companies aren't all that and a bag of chips, but Chewy deserves all the praise.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was checking out Chewy's website because that's what I seem to do non-stop nowadays. I had no idea Dr Pol had a brand of dry cat food.
View attachment 362482
I was just watching Dr Pol and he said the first 3 ingredients in cat food needs to be meat or meat by product. So I checked what the first 3 were in his food. Peas is the second ingredient. :ohwell:

Chicken, Peas, Salmon

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone noticed issues with Chewy’s inventory lately? I placed an order over the weekend and noticed the whole order had a status of “backordered.” I contacted them and they said 2 items were on backorder and that they would remove the 2 items so the order could ship out. They told me to contact them again once the items came back in to order for me so shipping could be waived - it could take 1 or 2 weeks - said they have no way to tell when they’ll be back? I went on later in the evening and then lo and behold, the items are in stock. Another rep ordered and they shipped the next day and are expected to arrive in the next few days. So bizarre! I love Chewy’s customer service but their inventory system is just screwy.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone noticed issues with Chewy’s inventory lately? I placed an order over the weekend and noticed the whole order had a status of “backordered.” I contacted them and they said 2 items were on backorder and that they would remove the 2 items so the order could ship out. They told me to contact them again once the items came back in to order for me so shipping could be waived - it could take 1 or 2 weeks - said they have no way to tell when they’ll be back? I went on later in the evening and then lo and behold, the items are in stock. Another rep ordered and they shipped the next day and are expected to arrive in the next few days. So bizarre! I love Chewy’s customer service but their inventory system is just screwy.
Never had something backordered but I have had things in my auto ship "temporarily unavailable" but they must hold reserves for auto ship customers because I've gotten everything on time. I am also one of the lucky ones who has never had an issue with packaging of wet food cans and things getting dented. I got two new brands yesterday (American Journey and Castor & Pollux) and both came tightly packaged in cardboard and shrink wrap.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered some canned food recently from Chewy. It arrived with a cardboard tray covering the top of the case:

20210105_154745[1].jpg

The box also had a large sheet of kraft paper as filler. None of the cans were damaged in any way.