Chewy Website Is Not All It's Cut Out To Be!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know how Chewy has that "frequently bought together" feature underneath the description of items? Why would they bundle adult cat food with kitten food? Is it ok to feed adult food to kittens as long as they are also getting kitten food too? Backcountry has a really good bundle with two items designed for kittens and one item for adult that I'd like to try.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know how Chewy has that "frequently bought together" feature underneath the description of items? Why would they bundle adult cat food with kitten food? Is it ok to feed adult food to kittens as long as they are also getting kitten food too? Backcountry has a really good bundle with two items designed for kittens and one item for adult that I'd like to try.
I'd imagine it's from people who have both adult Cats and Kittens buying it along with Kitten food, because no, you shouldn't feed it to Kittens if it's labeled for adults.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd imagine it's from people who have both adult Cats and Kittens buying it along with Kitten food, because no, you shouldn't feed it to Kittens if it's labeled for adults.
Ok. That is what I figured. I may still get the kitten wet and dry food bundle and uncheck the adult wet food. I can get another variety of wet food to go with it. I like to have two wet food choices to feed. One for the AM and one for the PM.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. That is what I figured. I may still get the kitten wet and dry food bundle and uncheck the adult wet food. I can get another variety of wet food to go with it. I like to have two wet food choices to feed. One for the AM and one for the PM.
I ended up picking BackCountry wet and dry food (chicken) and then Whole Earth Farms wet (duck) as the alternative for my next auto ship.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as the "Adult" food says "All Life Stages" it is fine to feed to kittens
Yes. I know about the "all life stages" aspect. I can't remember what is was but I don't recall it saying that. Just adult.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I love getting my cat litter and food delivered to my door. Also, you can save a few $$ is you Autoship and then cancel that Autoship and start a new one. I recently ordered a $100.00 cat condo and decided I needed to xtra large dog crates instead. Rather than have me return the cat condo they told me to keep it and donate it to a shelter. I kept it and have been using it with the dog crates for my socializing.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you are getting too many Chewy deliveries when your oldest says "I think you love your cats more than your kids." :lol: He was joking of course.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I order prednisolone from chewy and check the box that says please contact my vet. Do they not give you that option for the revolution? My Med has had a manufacturer shortage the past couple months and has been out of stock everywhere so I had to get it from my vet and it was literally quadruple the price. I’ve never had any problems with chewy and will def keep using them.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I order prednisolone from chewy and check the box that says please contact my vet. Do they not give you that option for the revolution? My Med has had a manufacturer shortage the past couple months and has been out of stock everywhere so I had to get it from my vet and it was literally quadruple the price. I’ve never had any problems with chewy and will def keep using them.
Yes they do give that option but with my vet, contacting my vet only means that they will let the vet know a writtrn authorization is needed. I still have to pick it up and mail it. Now that I know my vet price matches 1-800-PetMeds, which is the same price as Chewy, I just ask for a price match and can pick it up from the vet. Much easier and faster.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
fionasmom fionasmom I had a shipment that was strewn all over too. It looked like they hadn't even stopped the truck and just chucked the box to my front door. The top of the box was no longer taped together. All of the cans inside were dented in one way or another, and I had a box of Tiny Tiger that was totally obliterated. I was missing cans from the TT box- no doubt they were rolling around the back of the truck. Thank goodness none of it was leaking. I felt bad about contacting Chewy because it wasn't their fault, it was freaking FedEx's fault, but they reimbursed me for a good bit of my order (some cans were salvageable), AND I got a profuse apology for something that was out of their control...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I always feel bad about calling Chewy as well, but feel that they have to know. They are very obliging about it and I make sure to tell them that I know THEY did not deliver the box and are not Amazon in that respect.

I have also had FedEx come within one block of my house and then turn around and not deliver, have had them reroute a package to northern CA before it came back to me, and have had them put that the reason for non delivery was that no one was home when 1) no one has to sign and 2) all the windows were open and music was blaring from inside the house. Then there was the anally retentive driver who would not leave the package because he arrived just as my husband came up to the front door and he accused my husband of lying in wait to steal a package.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When a product in your autoship says it's "temporarily unavailable ", does that mean it's unavailable for the autoship or for others trying to buy it?

splasha1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When they mailed a discount coupon a few months back it was a good deal, but that aside, Amazon Prime wins. Shipping is always free, in most cases orders arrive next day, and returns are free. Jeff Bezos, the largest stockholder & by far the world's richest person didn't get there without good reason.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When a product in your autoship says it's "temporarily unavailable ", does that mean it's unavailable for the autoship or for others trying to buy it?
Sometimes they'll send it (they keep some product in reserve for Autoship customers) and sometimes they won't (if they're completely out). You can wait and see or else contact them to ask.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they'll send it (they keep some product in reserve for Autoship customers) and sometimes they won't (if they're completely out). You can wait and see or else contact them to ask.
Ok, thanks. Never seen that before. If it doesn't come, it is ok. I tend to buy 4 types of wet food at a time so missing one isn't going to cause a problem.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll add my random pro-Chewy praise: I once got a call from a random US number and didn't answer, thinking it was spam. They called again and it was Chewy, double checking to see if I placed a double order, because two orders, though each having one different thing, both had lots of litter and liners. The answer was no, I was doomsday prepping in case of a COVID shortage (new cat owner without backup supplies), but i really appreciated the effort.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When they mailed a discount coupon a few months back it was a good deal, but that aside, Amazon Prime wins. Shipping is always free, in most cases orders arrive next day, and returns are free. Jeff Bezos, the largest stockholder & by far the world's richest person didn't get there without good reason.
I love Chewy but I have to agree. Especially when you add in subscribe and save. Chewy and Amazon are the only places I can get the Dr. Elsey's dry food. Lilith is an incredibly picky eater and when she decides she doesn't want the wet food I put out (often) she will always eat the Dr. Elsey's dry but will not eat any other brand of dry. More often than not, Amazon has it cheaper than Chewy. Sometimes their prices mirror each other but sometimes they don't. Lately, Amazon has been cheaper and it's available to add to a S&S order.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
What does the prednisolone cost from them?