Chewy Website Is Not All It's Cut Out To Be!

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3:

Four of the cans were badly dented so I threw them away, 2 cans I wasn't sure about so I also tossed them, three were mildly dented so I used them.

Attachments

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I always have at least one can dented from American Journey. Not sure why. Otherwise the only other thing I've had arrive dented was 13 oz Friskies. I usually make it out ahead when I have dents so I don't mind lol

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weruva previously and most recently Chewy's own brand American Journey, first time trying it out.
My last purchase of American journey in the past month or two had severely dented cans. Worst I've seen. A third of the cans couldn't even stand up right. Shipping box looked perfect, but both AJ packages had a large tear in the plastic like someone ripped it open.

Chewy sent another two AJ packages free of charge and they were fine. They are always amazing with returns and replacing the items. Alyhough, my mom doesn't buy food from them anymore because she would get dented cans in each package.

I've had much better luck, but always contact them when something like this happens and they make it right.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I hadn't opened my package yet, I figured I would take pictures to show how well mine comes packaged. This is Blue Buffalo Wilderness Kitten 3oz cans. I did notice today that it comes with a "manufactured date" as well as a "best by date" too.

The box in these pictures is what was in a larger box with brown paper so it wouldn't move around.

I also want to note that there was another layer of cans done the same way underneath.
20200822_073110.jpg
20200822_073144.jpg
20200822_073154.jpg
20200822_073817.jpg

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I recently got a wrong shipment from Chewy. They sent the correct order I gave the wrong shipment ( dog food ) to the shelter and my neighbor. 😊👌

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I just spoke with a Chewy rep who explained what is likely happening with the lack of proper packaging to protect the canned food from denting -- it's a warehouse issue. Chewy has numerous warehouses throughout the US. The warehouse that ships to my location isn't using a cardboard cover for my canned food orders so it's understandable when Fed Ex is throwing boxes around, the cans would dent. He said that upon placing my order, he would "flag" my order to the warehouse (which will alert them) to please package the canned food with a cardboard cover, that "this customer repeatedly receives dented cans from this warehouse."
He was very helpful, lets see what happens Sat when the food arrives. :)

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you contact them for refund/replacement?
Yes, the day I received the food I requested a refund, took pics, etc. As I explained to the Chewy rep today, while I appreciate a refund, it's the food I need -- 24 cans, not 14 cans (they sent me 23 cans). He was very understanding, "of course, you would want 24 cans in perfect condition", anyway, as I mentioned in the updated post, it's a warehouse issue, each warehouse that ships to different regions does things differently.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have noticed that my email updates from my last two autoships have been inaccurate. I will get an update saying it is out for delivery to arrive that day. It doesn't. The following day, I will get another update saying it is out for delivery and it shows up. Granted it isn't a big deal. Just find it strange that it will say out for delivery when clearly it was not. Weird.

Lulu&Finn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LTS3:

Four of the cans were badly dented so I threw them away, 2 cans I wasn't sure about so I also tossed them, three were mildly dented so I used them.
I love Chewy and get an Autoship monthly. I had trouble With dented cans too. I was getting litter and it was very heavy. It may have been denting the cans. I now get the litter at BJs and haven’t had any dented cans.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lulu&Finn That actually worked -- I only ordered a case of canned food last week, (it arrived without a box cover) and every single can was fine, no dents. I usually order heavy litter as well, maybe that was the problem! Even with a previous shipment that included a cover on the canned case and shipped with the litter, there were dented cans. I ended up ordering litter from a nearby retailer. Thanks so much for the suggestion! :)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to do a "live chat" this morning to see if the prescription authorization I mailed around 9/21 was received as I keep getting reminder emails. It has not. They said mail service is delayed but I doubt it would take this long. If I don't hear anything back from Chewy by next week, I'll go back and get a new authorization to resend.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Had to do a "live chat" this morning to see if the prescription authorization I mailed around 9/21 was received as I keep getting reminder emails. It has not. They said mail service is delayed but I doubt it would take this long. If I don't hear anything back from Chewy by next week, I'll go back and get a new authorization to resend.
Mail service is awful right now in some cases. I've had a few things take 3 to 4 weeks to reach it's destination lately!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mail service is awful right now in some cases. I've had a few things take 3 to 4 weeks to reach it's destination lately!
It's for Revolution Plus and I have until mid-October before their next dose is due. Worst case scenario is I have to get it at the vet and pay more but at least it will be a 3 month supply now.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another option vis-a-vis tub of kitty litter denting cans in same shipment - or was this already suggested?

Place an order for canned cat food. Wait a week or 10 days and order kitty litter. That way they come as separate shipments. A nuisance, but not a terrible one.

Better than dented cans . . .

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I placed an order for cat scratchers almond other things, said all three items was in the box there was only two.
I called up and the women said it was scanned and was there, I insisted it wasn’t so she resent it
Two days later the original one and the new ordered one arrived in two huge boxes which were in a terrible condition for two tiny items. They dont seem to be managed very well.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have decided to stop getting Boone and Gracie's Revolution Plus from Chewy. There always seems to be an issue with mailing in the authorization from my vet. Chewy is saying that despite mailing it TWICE in less than a month, they haven't received it yet. They won't accept it any other way but mailing. I did find out though that my vet price matches 1-800-PetMeds so I am getting it basically for the same price as I did but without having to worry about mailing something in.

I have also paired down my auto-shipment. Now I am only getting the Carnivora wet and dry food from Chewy since I can't find it in store anywhere. Normally I'd have another brand of wet food in each shipment for variety. I had added Wellness Kitten to my up-coming one but I compared Chewy and PetSmart and it's only a couple dollars more from PetSmart and I can walk in and get it when needed instead of waiting for it to be delivered. Plus with their Rewards program, you get discounts on stuff you buy.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! Just the email from Chewy saying they got my authorization and will be shipping out my Revolution Plus soon. Guess between Chewy and my vet, I won't need to refill for 6 months!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Biggest problem for me is FedEx literally launching the big boxes onto my front lawn. I had to unpack one out there today as it was everywhere. Chewy has been very good about my complaints.