Chewy question

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If a cat finds that a new order of cat food is "yucky", does Chewy give a refund or credit? The most recent order of Vital Essentials I got a few weeks ago and just started using is apparently yucky to Leroy. He eats half of the food and walks away. All the bags have the same batch number.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They have always given me a refund vs a credit. Plus they have never asked for the unused product back. I love their customer service. One time they refunded me based on my review even though I never contacted them. I simply stated that I thought the food was good but my guys didn't like it and Chewy contacted me based on that saying they were refunding my money!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Refund. Write a one star review or call them. Glad chewy still exists. What if everyone wrote a one star review!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not Chewy's fault that this particular batch of food is "yucky".

Edit:

Chewy wants me to send the 6 "yucky" bags, including the opened one, back for replacement bags. Is that typical? Fortunately I have several bags of pork which Leroy can eat in the meantime.

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not Chewy's fault that this particular batch of food is "yucky".

Edit:

Chewy wants me to send the 6 "yucky" bags, including the opened one, back for replacement bags. Is that typical? Fortunately I have several bags of pork which Leroy can eat in the meantime.
That is odd. I have never had to send back food

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to wait for Chewy to send me a box to put the food in first. The food might not be sent back for another week or so. I have the shipping label in my email.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have never been asked to return food either.Is this freeze dried food? If so, maybe that's the reason, since it's typically very lightweight. It's the cases I've never been asked to return.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it's freeze dried raw.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had wrote a review one time that there was nothing wrong with the food but my cats didn’t like the food. They refunded me the full amount and had me donate it

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leroy likes the brand. It's just that all the bags I most recently ordered are somehow "yucky". Previous orders of the same food were fine.

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chewy has refunded me many times before for damaged cans or if my cat simply didn’t like it. I never had to send the products back. Recently, they’ve had me send items back with their prepaid label. Never had to do that before, guessing it is a policy change. Had it happen twice.

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find it really strange they are asking for the food back. I literally had 14 boxes of food that was the only food my cat would eat, and was difficult to find. When she unfortunately passed away, I didn't know what to do with all the extra food, as my last surviving cat did not like it. I was hoping maybe they had a charity or something I could donate it to. I ended up donating it to a pet food pantry in my city. I received a full refund two days later that I had never even asked for.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's freeze dried raw food which weighs nothing so a lot easier to send back than dry or canned food. Or maybe the return / refund policy has changed.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a food issue with Chewy, but since others have mentioned the great customer service, I feel like sharing that about a year ago, we got a small, like 6x6 canvas, portrait of one of our cats from them in the mail one day!! It wasn't even an exact painting of the photo I had uploaded to the profile. But it looked like our Ruth! It was really well done! Another time we got some swag like a tin camping mug and a can coozy that says Keep Calm and Chewy On. No reason or occasion. Excellent customer service for sure.

downton ali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chewy has told me in the past that it has to do with the brand. Sometimes a return isn't required; other times they are. I've been pretty lucky thus far myself.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They might be investigating something. But Chewy CS rocks.