· Chewy Goes Public

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ `CHEWY´ has gone public . As often happens after a "sell-out" of private business , things change in the interest of growth, earnings and profit.
Will CHEWY maintain its' family business culture ? Will you buy the stock ?
( What will out cats think ?! :kitty: )

Chewy IPO blast off : 5 things to know

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never used Chewy, not even sure if it's available in Canada, but you're right, things generally change once a company goes public, and earnings and profits and keeping shareholders happy becomes more important than happy customers. :sigh:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never used Chewy, not even sure if it's available in Canada, but you're right, things generally change once a company goes public, and earnings and profits and keeping shareholders happy becomes more important than happy customers. :sigh:
They aren't available in Canada. Yet. They are working on it. I don't think things will change much if at all. Petsmart bought them and things have stayed pretty much the same. They know what their customers expect. If they fail to deliver, people will buy elsewhere. Shareholders don't want that.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Chewy for some foods/items and I definitely think that they shouldn't take their customer base for granted. That is, I hope some thing do change or improve! They need to use more box size choices and/or retrain their shipping staff how to properly pack boxes. I've had many shipments come in oversized boxes with very little packing material. Heavily weighted food cans smash up anything more fragile that is also within the boxes during shipment (if not enough packing material is used). This has happened to me at least 4 times. So, use smaller boxes, if needed, or pack large boxes properly, and I'll be more impressed. (Although Milly is fine with oversized boxes, so it's a catch-22.)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Chewy for some foods/items and I definitely think that they shouldn't take their customer base for granted. That is, I hope some thing do change or improve! They need to use more box size choices and/or retrain their shipping staff how to properly pack boxes. I've had many shipments come in oversized boxes with very little packing material. Heavily weighted food cans smash up anything more fragile that is also within the boxes during shipment (if not enough packing material is used). This has happened to me at least 4 times. So, use smaller boxes, if needed, or pack large boxes properly, and I'll be more impressed. (Although Milly is fine with oversized boxes, so it's a catch-22.)
Amazon does this too. It's annoying. I get canned food from them using the subscribe and save.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait... so what you're saying is after all these years, me, a simple Canadian will finally be able to order from Chewy?! :spew: :bawling2:
I've heard they might start offering Canadian shipping. I don't know what it would cost though.

But "going public" means that it will be offered on the stock market and people can buy shares. Doesn't have anything to do with shipping.

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have bought from Chewy many times. As long as you spend enough to get free shipping it's great. Last time I was going to buy just a single case of cat food I found it was same price on Amazon and free fast Prime shipping.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My last order came damaged and they were SUPER helpful. I had ordered a case of food, 2 boxes of Denamarin and several bags of soft treats that my girls take their meds in. The box had obviously had a rough trip to reach me too; but the heavy case of food was on top of the treats; flattening several and the Denamarin boxes were crushed to the point most of the blisters that hold the pills were dented too. It was all still useable; but that Denamarin is usually $25 a box. So I sent them an e-mail with some pictures; mostly hoping that wouldn't happen again. I've never had that happen before in about 4 years of shopping with them. They ended up sending me 2 new boxes of Denamarin and refunding the treats since they were sold out. I felt like I was talking to a robot when I tried to contact Purina via e-mail a few months ago. It was redicuolous. This experience with Chewy couldn't have been better. I hope they realize the value of treating customers well!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
~ Packing items for shipping and bagging groceries is a lost art in the USA :stars:
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is it with them putting my hot foods in with my freezer foods?!!!:mad2::nono:

I now use self checkout. Otherwise they don't know how to bag up things or squish my bread. :censored:

Chewy has always been superior company to order from. One time I got locked out of my account and called them-they placed the order and it was here the next day. Sadly with Pumps not here anymore I don't need to order from them. But if I did-I would use them in a heartbeat.:redheartpump: