Chewy.com Customer Service

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share how amazing Chewy.com is, besides the fact that they have great prices and fast shipping. One of my friends had ordered cases of food for her cat, but then her cat passed away the day after the food arrived. She contacted chewy and explained the situation, and they gave her a full refund, suggested that she donate the food to a shelter in her cats name, and a few days later she received a bouquet of flowers and a card in the mail from 1-800 Flowers..turns out Chewy.com sent them to her to express their condolences on her loss! I have even more respect for them now.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ordered some food from them and my cats hated it. They did similar with me of immediately issuing a refund and telling me to donate the food to a charity. No questions, no mess, no fuss.

Love their customer service. If only they carried my cats main food.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Love love love Chewy. They refunded me for a case of food that didn't agree with my cat and also sent me a free replacement of some ear wipes that had been damaged in shipping. I hadn't even asked for a replacement, I had just emailed them a suggestion to maybe wrap up any future wipes they sent in bubble wrap to protect them during shipping!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm also worried about the merger, though it still has to be approved by the government. I did see this though:

Screenshot_20170421-174925.png

So I'm going to just hope for the best. Chewy has been really good to me and even refunded my money without returning the product when I simply changed my mind about a food I purchased. I always get a live person when I call, too!

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$3.3 billion PetSmart paid for Chewy, apparently Chewy was not making a profit. Don't doubt that Chewy's prices will not increase, it's just a matter of time.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy is one of the best run companies in terms of customer service. It's such a shame they couldn't have been more profitable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After looking into it, I also read that PetSmart supports PETA..is that true?? I always preferred Petco over Petsmart to begin with, but if that is true, I definitely won't ever shop at Petsmart again if that's the case. I really hope nothing changes about the way Chewy is run, because I would hate to stop using them after how great they've been.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After looking into it, I also read that PetSmart supports PETA..is that true?? I always preferred Petco over Petsmart to begin with, but if that is true, I definitely won't ever shop at Petsmart again if that's the case. I really hope nothing changes about the way Chewy is run, because I would hate to stop using them after how great they've been.
Can you link that? When I search for "Petsmart supports PETA" all I get is PETA going on about how much they hate Petsmart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw someone post where it showed that Petsmart made a sizable donation to PETA, not sure where the link is now.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wasn't aware that Chewy was being bought out by Petsmart. I'm seriously disappointed to hear this. Sigh...

Thanks for sharing the letter. It made me tear up reading that Chewy sent her flowers.

cathaven

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I buy canned food & items from Chewy. Infact, the food is on auto ship. I have contacted them three times about issues. Each time they fix the problem with no ifs, ands or buts. They also sent me a card when my cat was sick from a batch of bad food, as well as a refund and a fresh batch shipped free of charge.:lovecat: