Chewey's Tiny Tiger Medley Pate Out of Stock

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been lackadaisical about reordering food for Domino and Mr Poe. Brought the last 24 can pack of Tiny Tiger upstairs (6 days worth) and called Chewy's. Out of stock on Tiny Tiger medley, out of stock on both turkey with giblets and chicken. Beef in stock so ordered two cartons. Shipping was waived.

Medley supposed to be back in stock this Wednesday, July 14, and they will e-mail me if it does show up so I can then place an order.

Just wanted to let everyone know and also say I am pleased with their service.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been out of stock for me for a while. Luckily I stocked up on American Journey during their 50% off sale a few weeks ago or I would be stressed! It's the main thing I normally feed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crazy, it's just crazy. Did not get a notification from Chewey's on Wednesday about Tiny Tiger medley back in stock. So I called yesterday. It still not in stock at the moment, but maybe on Saturday. Plus, the beef is also now out of stock. So is the turkey and giblets. But the chicken WAS available so I ordered three 24-can units.

When I checked suggested arrival just now - this is the frosting on the "this is crazy" situation - it is coming from Concord, North Carolina! To New Jersey. Guess their Pennsylvania warehouse is out.

Once it arrives I will have about 30 days of food available.

This is just nuts.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems to be the case with different brands lately. In part metal,shortages for cans and also reduced production at meat facilities. Not sure if this brand might have been effected by the recent back log in the Suez.

If I understand correctly, you were able to get beef & in the next order chicken?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next installment of the story of my Chewey's order.

Box arrived today, as scheduled. Confirmation e-mail for delivery of 3 boxes of Tiny Tiger chicken pate. Shipping carton large enough for eight boxes, each with 24 3-ounce cans. However, there are only TWO boxes. Sigh.

Called Chewey's. Their apologies. A single box of 24 3-ounce cans TT chicken pate is being sent, no charge since A) I already paid for it and B) shipping is waived. It will be here on July 20. Coming to New Jersey from even further away than North Carolina. Drum roll please - it's coming from Nevada.

Beef is still unavailable, turkey with giblets is still unavailable, which means that the variety pack is of course unavailable.

When will the missing carton be delivered? When will the unavailable items be back in stock? Will they be in the Pennsylvania warehouse or shifted even further west? Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Domino and Mr Poe's pantry.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flybynight Flybynight That's correct. I ordered and received two boxes of the beef pate. Then, after receiving that order, three boxes of chicken pate. As you can see above, somehow warehouse only packed two and that's what was delivered.

On hand I had one variety pack of 24 cans - 8 each beef, chicken, turkey with giblets. When I got the beef I shifted cans around so there were 12 beef, 6 chicken, 6 turkey with giblets. In addition I now have 36 cans of beef, 48 cans of chicken, with 24 more cans of chicken scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

This is interesting but I cannot say I am having any fun.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My chewy boxes have been coming from all over the country the past year or two. Pennsylvania is closest to me too but with the cat food shortages in okay with food taking a. Little longer as long as I get it!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that this all started 10 days ago, on July 11.

The replacement for the missing box of Tiny Tiger pate chicken arrived today, also from Nevada. That was the missing item from the order delivered on July 17. Which is when I notified Chewey's about it.

Today I got not one, not two, not three but four! e-mails to inform me that my item was now back in stock. That's the TT beef and poultry variety pack (beef, chicken, turkey with giblets).

So I thought I would order two boxes of turkey with giblets to assemble my own variety pack with the beef and chicken already on hand, in addition to 8 boxes of the variety pack. Surprisingly, turkey with giblets as a single flavor is not available.

fuggedaboutit

I placed an order for my usual quantity of beef and poultry variety boxes. Plus I still have some beef and more chicken on hand. The boys will not run out of food any time soon.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And as of the wee hours of this morning my Chewey's order is on it's way from Northhampton, Pennsylvania for delivery today!

UPDATE: And was it was delivered mid morning! All 50 plus pounds of it. And all in one carton.

Last edited: