Chewey's Supply Chain Issue

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered Tiny Tiger pate on October 13.

First issue: the mixed beef / chicken / turkey with giblets was not available. BUT the beef / chicken / turkey with giblets were available as separate flavors. Ordered three boxes of each flavor, 9 cartons total. I use two cans/day for each cat, total of 4 cans/day.

Second issue: no notification of "your order is on the way." Called Chewey's on October 15. The person I spoke to would notify their supervisor. Later that day I got an e-mail that the TT beef pate was on its way. Called Chewey's again. They could not tell me which warehouse it was coming from. Expected deliver is October 21. Still no mention of when the two poultry varieties would be shipped.

I think I remember that the e-mail notification that "your order is on the way" used to show where it was coming from. Not this time.

It is a good thing I placed the order when I started feeding Domino and Mr Poe from the penultimate carton. That means I had 12 days of food. I should have three days beyond when the 3 boxes of TT beef pate arrives. But also means that when they do arrive I will be feeding beef only.

Anyone else having problems with Chewey's?

Edited to ad: Searching on Tracking History (which claims that my package has shipped) using the link to FedEx I have learned that the TT beef pate is supposedly coming from Goodyear Arizona. To New Jersey. Guess the PA warehouse is out of stock. But the really irritating information I have discovered is that "The delivery date may be updated when FedEx receives the package." In other words all that has happened since October 13 and two further phone calls after placing the order is that shipment information was sent to FedEx. Not happy, to say the least.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midday we went to Walmart where I bought 24 cans each of Fancy Feast classic chicken pate, FF classic turkey and giblets pate, FF classic beef pate.

Got home and guess what, there's an email from Chewey's to let me know that the rest of my October 13 order has shipped. But no mention of when it might arrive.

Clearly the boys will now have a well stocked cupboard.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve never had a problem with deliveries from Chewy..when I order something the site always tells me if it’s out of stock and I can click for them to notify me when it’s back. But I have had issues with FedEx as far as getting messages saying something is on the way (with other deliveries other than chewy) when it’s not.
if I’ve had an issue with Chewy about a broken or missing part of a toy delivery, I email them and with no questions asked they are prompt in sending a replacement at no charge.
So far I’m very happy with them. I’m sorry you’re having issues, hope it gets resolved fast.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, Babypaws Babypaws Chewey's has always been responsive when I have had an issue with something - for example, dented cans because Tiny Tiger was shipped in the same carton as a 35 pound pail of kitty litter. I now place orders for food and for litter on widely separated dates. Avoids the problem.

What I find concerning is that the 9 boxes of 3 different Tiny Tiger pates were ordered on October 13 and I was told (verbally, during phone call to place order) that I'd have the order delivered by October 18, maybe even over this weekend.

Then silence, no "your order has shipped" until I called on October 15.

Now 1/3 of the order will be delivered on October 21. And the remaining 2/3 of the order is on its way but no idea when it will arrive.

I think it is FedEx more so than Chewey's, but there is enough confusion for everyone to get some.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Tiny Tiger chicken pate and TT turkey and giblets pate, 3 boxes each, have now left Kansas and will be delivered on Wednesday, October 20. That is a day ahead of the 3 boxes of TT beef pate that were shipped from Arizona a day earlier, scheduled to arrive on October 21.

Give Chewey's this - they are doing their best to get the cat food to me, shipping from distant warehouses still at no charge because my order is over $49.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't fed Tiny Tiger in a while so can't really comment on that part but I have ordered food and toys from Chewy recently and all have come quickly like normal. I did notice that Tiki Cat Turkey dry food was out of stock for a while so I had to get a different flavor but had no trouble getting it this morning. My next auto ship of Weruva wet food isn't scheduled until the end of the month but since feeding that exclusively, I've never had issues with out of stock or delayed items.

With anything pet related, I have a list in my mind of other places to get certain items that I might need if supply is affected through Chewy. I can get Tiki Cat through Chewy, Amazon, and Petco so between the three of them, I think I'd be able to find enough to get me through any gap that might occur. I would like to try the Weruva litter and that has been out of stock everywhere for a while but that is just to try out and I have been getting my normal clay litter just fine from the grocery store.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiny tiger has been hit or miss on there for awhile, one of my auto ships showed up without any a couple months ago because it was out of stock. As soon as it came back in I ordered several cases, then ordered some more the next month no problem.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had out of stock issues with several autoship orders (I feed tiki cat canned) in the past year, but I've been able to get replacements of another variety and a 10% off coupon for the next order.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy is having a lot of restocking issues. I order Geoffrey's prescription food from them. It is Royal Canin. Many times, the problem lies with the manufacturer: supply issues with them; from cans, to ingredients.

Chewy is trying to keep stock in.. Also, some companies have decided to change things around also, in response to accommodate their issues.. So it is a two edged sword.

My supply of Dr Elsey's litter stopped. Called Chewy, they said the manufacturer is not making the boxed litter... but I see it in the stores.. I am wondering about that. Chewy is not carrying the boxes.

As an example of supply chain issues: I had to wait 2 months for a body part for my car!!!
Both myself and the repair shop were discouraged and frustrated. Honda closed down all but one warehouse on the east coast. My part was sitting in Connecticut for 3 weeks!!!

If I had known it was in Connecticut, I would have driven down to get it, myself!! That is ridiculous!

Also, the backlog of the cargo ships on the west coast, and the lack of truck drivers is causing havoc on the supply chain.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The TT pate: three boxes of turkey with giblets and three boxes of chicken were delivered 15 minutes ago. Beef supposed to arrive tomorrow. Everything was ordered on October 13.

I was spoiled, having come to expect it to arrive in 1 to 2 days. Have learned to be proactive and order well before it is needed.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a problem with them, but then I order FF and Sheba. Nobody in this town has Sheba, but Chewy does. All these problems are probably due to supply chain/shipping issues.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just ordered Tiny Tiger chunks in gravy variety packs on the 18th and it was delivered today. All my Chewy packages have been averaging about 5 days for delivery lately, but honestly everything is slower right now. My local shops have had a hard time keeping Friskies, Fancy Feast, and Sheba in stock so I buy what I can when I can.