Cherastin

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI, is anyone familiar with Cherastin? My vet said it is fine, she has treated her own cats with it for years and prescribes it often and has never encountered even a small problem. This I do not need a Rx for and it is somewhat less $.

Apparently there is a bad review about it killing a cat online.

I had given them Revolution once before and it was adequate. If you have had any experience with this treatment I'd like to hear your views before I order it. They are indoor.

Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cute kitties...I did see it after I wrote this, but am still trying to decide...I am thinking it is most likely the exception and not the rule. Chances are, I take medication that may have more of a chance (10%) of harming me than this may harm my cats. I am going to think about it. Thank you for your reply. Again the vet was adamant that it does not have the best reputation, but she has used it for years and has seen countless cats do fine with it. Not sure I want that kind of poison around cats and myself though...I have never used any flea prevention and I have had cats my entire life. This is out of hand. Maybe I should look for something natural...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DEAR GOD, that is HORRIFIC! No, don't use it. Don't take that chance. There have, indeed, been numerous deaths, not just one or two (which I can deal with...every living thing reacts to meds differently, and RARE adverse reactions can't be helped)!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We cross posted. I use Comfortis for Hekitty. It is an oral medication, and a fairly large pill, so I mush it in water and syringe it into her. She hates it, but NO FLEAS.