Cheeto progress

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is such awesome news about Cheeto! Patience is not my long suit ( I have the bite and scratch marks to prove it ) I'm learning from the Cats that it is slow slow slow. Anytime I try to go too fast I end up losing all of the ground that I have covered

It is worth it though. Every time a cat decides that I can be a hands on part of his life I feel as if I have won an Oscar an Emmy and the Nobel Peace Prize.

Just watching the way the " feral " cats greet and salute one another makes me so proud to be their caregiver

. Don't get me wrong. It's not all roses. There are a few headstrong cats that would get a time out if I could catch them . I still love them, even when they are being brats.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just want to cry tears of joy!!  That is just the most amazing thing.  It does just go to show that ferals are amazing and you should never give up or listen that one cannot be somewhat socialized beyond the kitten phase.  When you provide, love, nourishment and shelter, amazing things will follow.

Congratulations!!!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We do love these Georgia ferals!  Thanks for sharing yor story, @Susank521. Grey Boy still doesn't want me to touch him, but he will eat chicken out of my hand and he goes in and out of the house past my standing body now.  He also plays like a kitten sometimes, stays inside more than outside, always sleeps inside, and has been seen on my bed a couple of times!  It's been one year since his injury (see photos).  He's also a lot fatter.  I need to get the photos from my other computer and add to Grey Boy's Journey.  I bet in another year he will let me touch him.  Now the only touching I do is to sneak up on him once a month to put Advantage on his back! 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is such awesome news about Cheeto! Patience is not my long suit ( I have the bite and scratch marks to prove it ) I'm learning from the Cats that it is slow slow slow. Anytime I try to go too fast I end up losing all of the ground that I have covered

It is worth it though. Every time a cat decides that I can be a hands on part of his life I feel as if I have won an Oscar an Emmy and the Nobel Peace Prize.

Just watching the way the " feral " cats greet and salute one another makes me so proud to be their caregiver

. Don't get me wrong. It's not all roses. There are a few headstrong cats that would get a time out if I could catch them . I still love them, even when they are being brats.
Learning patience is one of the blessings cats give us, whether we want it or not! 
Even so, no matter how well developed our patience, that in no way protects against bites and scratches. Like you, I am fascinated watching the interaction and trying to figure out the social structure.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I just want to cry tears of joy!!  That is just the most amazing thing.  It does just go to show that ferals are amazing and you should never give up or listen that one cannot be somewhat socialized beyond the kitten phase.  When you provide, love, nourishment and shelter, amazing things will follow.

Congratulations!!!
You just can't figure the critters out, but the mystery of them is one of the reasons I love them so much.

Again last evening it was a similar circumstance; I'm petting the 5 or 6 cats surrounding me, Cheeto approximately 6 feet away watching. But last night when I eased towards him he trotted out of reach. I'll try again in a couple of days. He allows me to pet him in the kennel almost every morning now, so we're not regressing.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

We do love these Georgia ferals!  Thanks for sharing yor story, @Susank521. Grey Boy still doesn't want me to touch him, but he will eat chicken out of my hand and he goes in and out of the house past my standing body now.  He also plays like a kitten sometimes, stays inside more than outside, always sleeps inside, and has been seen on my bed a couple of times!  It's been one year since his injury (see photos).  He's also a lot fatter.  I need to get the photos from my other computer and add to Grey Boy's Journey.  I bet in another year he will let me touch him.  Now the only touching I do is to sneak up on him once a month to put Advantage on his back! 
Even a simple thing like walking past you is a great sign of growing trust. Such amazing progress and wonderful recovery in a year. Hopefully, it will continue.
And hopefully being able to pet him won't take as long as it did Cheeto!