Cheers to 10 Years!!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This month marks 10 years for me as a member of The Cat Site. TEN YEARS! :eek: That's a bit crazy, no? :lol3: How many things do we do nowadays that we stick to for 10 years?

I've been thinking about it quite a lot lately and while surfing the site noticed that there are a lot of other members of the TCS Class of 2005 that still post and visit. So I wanted to say Happy Anniversary to my fellow members of the TCS Class of 2015.

@jcribbs@stephanietx@Sibohan2005@clpeters23 StefanZ StefanZ blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 @gardenandcats@cheylink@Catkiki@pushylady@Miss Mew@katachtig MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles @Tari kluchetta kluchetta @eilcon@sharky sylorna sylorna @catsknowme@jean-ji@Shem F felineorc sneakymom sneakymom @RarePuss

My apologies if I missed anyone. :)

A big THANKS to Anne Anne for creating this site 15 years ago. :clap:

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No.  The 2 cats we had when I first posted here both passed away- 2007 and 2012.  

I am now raising our second generation of cats though 
  Holly is 5 and Samwise is almost 2 

Cheryl

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey there, didn't realise it has been that long since I joined up to this wonderful group of fellow cat slaves (let's face it they ARE the rulers).

Unfortunately I don't still have the kitties that were with me when I joined up. They are all now playing on the Rainbow Bridge.

I am still a cat slave though - to two long term foster kitties that keep me happy.

Happy 10 years to everyone and may we have many more.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What a wonderful thread!! 

Congratulations to you all! 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Beaming me too!  Yeah, its a very stabile site, in itself being around for 10+ years, and with a very good, friendly atmosphere.  So people tend to stay around...    :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great thread. I didn't realize it, but it is indeed ten years for me too. I don't have any of the cats I had at that time. They are all gone on and I miss them. But I still have a cat. Over the years, I have met a lot of super folks here. I have been encouraged through some rough spots by members here. I appreciate all of them and this site. After ten years, I can still say, I learn something new all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
After ten years, I can still say, I learn something new all the time.

Me too! :nod:

I still have the same kitty I had when I joined. :nod: She's definitely getting older and slower though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great thread. I didn't realize it, but it is indeed ten years for me too. I don't have any of the cats I had at that time. They are all gone on and I miss them. But I still have a cat. Over the years, I have met a lot of super folks here. I have been encouraged through some rough spots by members here. I appreciate all of them and this site. After ten years, I can still say, I learn something new all the time.
So true!  Stopping to think about it; we've "seen" some kitties through their entire (shortened) life cycles.  I found TCS because my 11 week old kitten had the runs; now I'm here learning about her liver issues.  We've seen members go through big changes too; some joining our babies over the bridge! 

There are some folks I met here that I talk to off the site regularly.  A few I have met in person; one I have met up with multiple times.  Another I have chatted with on the phone.  We were young when we met here but now our kids have even gotten to play together.  The future crazy cat ladies!  Crazy cat kids? 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! Yes, I agree, it's a wonderful site full of friendly, genuinly caring & helpful people.  I too have learned almost everything I know about cats here, being that Angel is my 1st, one & only. 

I too have received lots of support & advice when going through things w/ Angel. I try to give that back to others when I can be of help. 

"I can't believe I've been on here for almost 4 years already myself!" 

Last edited:

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to look but it appears I am a member of the 10 year club too! You guys sure have gotten me through some serious issues. Happy 10 years!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to you all as well.

Thanks Anne.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely thread.   Happy celebration wishes to all in the 2005 club.