Check This Out.... Chart For Cat Food Ingredients

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
LTS3 LTS3 cheeser cheeser Great work! Thank you so much from all of catdom!

I haven’t been able to see all the pages in the iPad (will have to move from the couch and fire up the desktop), so this may already be done, but may I request that you put a date on these somewhere? It would give people an idea of when the charts were compiled.

Thanks again for making these public.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
LTS3 LTS3 cheeser cheeser Great work! Thank you so much from all of catdom!

I haven’t been able to see all the pages in the iPad (will have to move from the couch and fire up the desktop), so this may already be done, but may I request that you put a date on these somewhere? It would give people an idea of when the charts were compiled.

Thanks again for making these public.
Per the Disclaimers and Info tab: "Content of spreadsheet (brands, ingredients, etc) current as of 4-9-19."

We're pretty low-tech here at Casa Cheeser, and just have ancient desktop computers. So I'm totally clueless re: the limitations of iPhones, iPads, etc. :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
H Hey therr0789 I’m assuming you have a Google account, right. You should be able to log in and then go to the link.
No Google account is needed to view the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is publicly viewable to everyone and is best accessed using any web browser on a computer (desktop or laptop). The spreadsheet may not be fully viewable on a smartphone, iPad, etc.

blacksakura6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
This beyond amazing! Do you know how many lives you are bettering by doing this! Thank you SO much!! You rock!! :rockout::thanks:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
FYI:

The spreadsheet will be updated on Nov. 29, 2019. During this time the spreadsheet may look wonky with extra tabs / sheets and live changes. Don't panic! I added a notice in a new tab / sheet in the spreadsheet for non-TCS users as a heads up.

The updated version will have a few new brands added, discontinued brands removed, and slight ingredient changes. It is still only US available canned / wet foods.

Last edited:

HollyWillow VT

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Holy shnikes! This is amazing! I joined the site just to thank you for this! We think one of our kitties has an egg allergy and we love being able to give them wet food treats, but the search for an egg-free kind seemed really inefficient (and didn't turn up much)...until now. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Gremlin's Guesthouse

Rescue Sanctuary
Young Cat
Reaction score
Over the past couple of weeks, cheeser cheeser and I have been working on a cat food ingredient chart that anyone can use to find suitable foods a food sensitive cat can eat or if a particular ingredient is to be avoided for preference reasons, such as no gums. Cheeser already had a personal spreadsheet that she had been using for her cat's multiple food sensitivities. It was just a matter of taking that spreadsheet and getting it usable for others.

The result is this --> Wet Cat Food Ingredient Chart

Need a chicken free food? Seafood free? Chicken-, seafood-, gum-, grain-, and montmorillonite clay- free or some other combination of ingredients? Use the handy chart to find suitable foods :)

There are 4 tabs (pages) of the spreadsheet. Please take the time to read each page to fully understand how to use the spreadsheet and about the filters. Even if you're familiar with using spreadsheets, please read the "how to guide" first. Google Sheets works a little differently from Excel and other similar programs. Cheeser and I have gone back and forth to make the "how to guide" as easy to understand as possible with pictures. It may take a bit of time to get the hang of using the spreadsheet even with the "how to guide".

Things to note:

• Only wet foods that appear to be 100% nutritionally complete and currently available in the US are listed.
  • The spreadsheet does not list every single brand available nor every single variety within a brand.
  • The spreadsheet is not a complete list of every single possible ingredient allergen.
  • This is not an official TCS project nor is it endorsed by TCS. It's just a labor of love from a couple of forum members who got together to pool their data and technical expertise, with some much appreciated feedback from some of the staff members in an unofficial capacity.

Cheeser and I hope this chart will be useful to others :) There are charts with nutritional info out there but no chart, that we know of, for ingredients that are possible causes of sensitivities in cats. We've gone over the final spreadsheet numerous times and hope we caught all the typos and formatting issues but if something needs to be fixed, let us know :hellocomputer:
Quite impressive. I know this took soooooo much work, so thank you for all the love you put into it.
Ruth

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Reaction score
GO CHEESER! I'm an ancient guy with an ancient old school cheapie desktop, with a big keyboard and most important to my kids a MOUSE! also have an ancient 19 yr old healthy Tortie thats never had corn in her long healthy life. Indoor only cats are mine......
I would love to find a wet or dry cat food with salmon in it but....and its a big butt...only wild salmon -instead of the toxic farmed junk.
There is no such thing as raising salmon holistically in crowded conditions without our pets and the humans they OWN without paying the price in health.
They spray these sad overcrowded pens of fish with toxic chemicals to fight all the diseases that these poor fish suffer from. I've seen the videos by whistle blowers and also under water views of sick, tumor covered, deformed fish covered in lice. ok ok Gary better quit...

Also I would pay a lot more for any cat food wet or dry with humanely raised, free to roam on grass, and eat bugs/insects, healthy happy chickens instead of factory farmed overcrowded, depressed birds fed arsenic!! what? yes its been legal since the forties to feed chickens ARSENIC to fatten them up fast. If you live downwind from birds fed arsenic you get arsenic in the wind cause its in their dried poop that blows into your lungs. True story......

If you see Atlantic Salmon for sale anywhere saying its natural or healthy etc its a lie, as all Atlantic Salmon is farm raised.
I use Trader Joes turkey giblet wet food at 79 cents a can and would pay gosh....1.50 a can if it was made of turkeys that are pasture raised. Thanks for the good info.
I was reading my Wysong Geriatrix dry cat food ingredients and saw montmorelenite clay aha! Dr Wysong is busted!
and hes using cheap fillers! nope....its a very very healthy ingredient us humans should probably take as it removes toxins.

Thanks Indy Jones up above
"Prevent pet overpopulation, have your pets spayed and neutered. ~Bob Barker
Can I add "and only have cats that are not bred by breeders, cause millions are killed every year for lack of adopters"
breeders please forgive me for cutting into your profits.
How do cat foods get the listing of being "complete nutrition for all stages of cat life" stamp ? They feed cats the food for a few months and see
if they get sick or die. Please prove me wrong in this and hey Purina..are you reading this? I think I learned about the bogus complete nutrition at Dr Randy Wysongs website? not sure

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
GO CHEESER! I'm an ancient guy with an ancient old school cheapie desktop, with a big keyboard and most important to my kids a MOUSE! also have an ancient 19 yr old healthy Tortie thats never had corn in her long healthy life. Indoor only cats are mine......
I would love to find a wet or dry cat food with salmon in it but....and its a big butt...only wild salmon -instead of the toxic farmed junk.
There is no such thing as raising salmon holistically in crowded conditions without our pets and the humans they OWN without paying the price in health.
They spray these sad overcrowded pens of fish with toxic chemicals to fight all the diseases that these poor fish suffer from. I've seen the videos by whistle blowers and also under water views of sick, tumor covered, deformed fish covered in lice. ok ok Gary better quit...

Also I would pay a lot more for any cat food wet or dry with humanely raised, free to roam on grass, and eat bugs/insects, healthy happy chickens instead of factory farmed overcrowded, depressed birds fed arsenic!! what? yes its been legal since the forties to feed chickens ARSENIC to fatten them up fast. If you live downwind from birds fed arsenic you get arsenic in the wind cause its in their dried poop that blows into your lungs. True story......

If you see Atlantic Salmon for sale anywhere saying its natural or healthy etc its a lie, as all Atlantic Salmon is farm raised.
I use Trader Joes turkey giblet wet food at 79 cents a can and would pay gosh....1.50 a can if it was made of turkeys that are pasture raised. Thanks for the good info.
I was reading my Wysong Geriatrix dry cat food ingredients and saw montmorelenite clay aha! Dr Wysong is busted!
and hes using cheap fillers! nope....its a very very healthy ingredient us humans should probably take as it removes toxins.

Thanks Indy Jones up above
"Prevent pet overpopulation, have your pets spayed and neutered. ~Bob Barker
Can I add "and only have cats that are not bred by breeders, cause millions are killed every year for lack of adopters"
breeders please forgive me for cutting into your profits.
How do cat foods get the listing of being "complete nutrition for all stages of cat life" stamp ? They feed cats the food for a few months and see
if they get sick or die. Please prove me wrong in this and hey Purina..are you reading this? I think I learned about the bogus complete nutrition at Dr Randy Wysongs website? not sure
Rawz makes a wild caught salmon recipe. But fish should be fed sparingly. It can be an inflammatory food for cats. I don’t know how responsibly raised their other meats are. But I’m sure they can tell you if you write them.

RAWZ | Salmon Pâté

jm83

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
Over the past couple of weeks, cheeser cheeser and I have been working on a cat food ingredient chart that anyone can use to find suitable foods a food sensitive cat can eat or if a particular ingredient is to be avoided for preference reasons, such as no gums. Cheeser already had a personal spreadsheet that she had been using for her cat's multiple food sensitivities. It was just a matter of taking that spreadsheet and getting it usable for others.

Need a chicken free food? Seafood free? Chicken-, seafood-, gum-, grain-, and montmorillonite clay- free or some other combination of ingredients? Use the handy chart to find suitable foods :)

There are 4 tabs (pages) of the spreadsheet. Please take the time to read each page to fully understand how to use the spreadsheet and about the filters. Even if you're familiar with using spreadsheets, please read the "how to guide" first. Google Sheets works a little differently from Excel and other similar programs. Cheeser and I have gone back and forth to make the "how to guide" as easy to understand as possible with pictures. It may take a bit of time to get the hang of using the spreadsheet even with the "how to guide".

Things to note:

• Only wet foods that appear to be 100% nutritionally complete and currently available in the US are listed.
  • The spreadsheet does not list every single brand available nor every single variety within a brand.
  • The spreadsheet is not a complete list of every single possible ingredient allergen.
  • This is not an official TCS project nor is it endorsed by TCS. It's just a labor of love from a couple of forum members who got together to pool their data and technical expertise, with some much appreciated feedback from some of the staff members in an unofficial capacity.

Cheeser and I hope this chart will be useful to others :) There are charts with nutritional info out there but no chart, that we know of, for ingredients that are possible causes of sensitivities in cats. We've gone over the final spreadsheet numerous times and hope we caught all the typos and formatting issues but if something needs to be fixed, let us know :hellocomputer:
Thank you! That is quite the chart!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Reaction score

Things to note:

I am already lost. None of the red arrows work. They are grey. Only the disclaimer shows

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Reaction score
No Google account is needed to view the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is publicly viewable to everyone and is best accessed using any web browser on a computer (desktop or laptop). The spreadsheet may not be fully viewable on a smartphone, iPad, etc.
I have been on my tablet so the computer should work

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Reaction score

Things to note: