Cheapest wet food without carrageenan

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TLDR: has anyone know of cheap canned food (under $0.80 for a 5.5oz can) that doesn't contain carrageenan?

I've got 4 cats, they get fed 4 fairly healthy meals a day.
every couple of day they won't finish their food then get loud and whiney at bed time. Usually if they're being fussy they probably won't eat most of what I give them but don't shut up til i give them something. Cheapest option now is split 2 cans of fancy feast between the 4 cats every other night, and usually throw away 90% of it.
Instead of throwing away $1.60 worth of fancy feast (or $2.50 worth of quality catfood) Id prefer to waste $0.65 on friskies but Carrageenan makes 2 of the cat's very sick.... I'm looking for any cheap wetfood that doesn't have carrageenan. They're not going to eat it anyway and if they did it would only be 10% of their calorie intake so I'm not worried about the other ingredients just not fish and no carrageenan.

Anyone know of anything like that?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tiny Tiger is Chewy's own version of Fancy Feast and is a bit less cost wise; it does not have carrageenan. American Journey is probably not much, if any, cheaper than FF, but it has 3 different gums in it - none of which are carrageenan. Maybe take a look at some of these and check the prices out in your area - some of those listed are not wet food, however.
8 Best Cat Foods Without Carrageenan (Updated 2021) (betterwithcats.net)
10 Best Cat Foods Without Carrageenan in 2022 (petcareadvice.com)

Last edited:

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed mine both the turkey and chicken (separate) American Journey wet pate. They cost $2.50 a can, but are 12.5oz a can. No carrageenan, with 10 rescues it's the most I can afford. No problems on it and everyone's eating