Cheap low/no dust scoopable litter

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With ten cats I've decided to try going back to scoopable litter to hopefully help with the ammonia smell.  My problem is the first one I tried is the Grreat Choice (Petsmart brand) since I've been using the non clumping version, and I hate it. It clumps ok I guess, not great but workable, but the biggest issue is the amount of dust is terrible, the non clumping is bad, but I think the clumping produces about twice as much dust.

So yeah, anyone have a better option that isn't going to break the bank? and that I can get in Canada. Ideally non scented too, I was using Maxx Scoop litter years ago, but don't like unnatural/perfume scented litter.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What I use for my 14 cats is EQUINE PINE, which is like feline pine only made for horses. There are two places it's made here in the southeast USA, and I would not be at all surprised if you can find a similar thing in Canada. It costs $5.99 for a 40-lb bag here. For the two cats I have that insist on soft clumping litter, I use Cat's Pride (www.catspride.com) scoopable fragrance free. They are based out of Chicago so they might be available in some parts of Canada.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm happy with Arm & Hammer Super Scoop, but I only have one cat. Maybe you should take suggestions from others who have more cats like you. Good luck.

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PC (presidents choice) Green cat litter. It is a low dust clumping litter made from corn just like world's best cat litter. It is a lot cheaper. Sometimes the clumps can break if you are rough with them but it still works well.