Cheap, But Excellent Dry Food

sebnari96

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone!

It has been awhile since I have been on here. I need a dry food recommandtion. My three cats all eat Fromm and right now, I am unable to get that food. It would be nice if the food is under $20 and all life stages. I have a 5 month old kitten, almost two year old, and a year old cat.

Attachments

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Under $20 for what size bag? It's not what most people here consider "excellent" but I feed my cat the All Life Stages food from Tractor Supply (if you have one of those). I've been told it's good for the price point. It's called 4health.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sebnari96

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
5-10 lbs of food. I just need enough food for the rest of this week and next week.

I don't believe, I have a Tractor Supply in my area.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh just for the week, you don't want to switch for good? Purina Beyond should be fine. You can get that pretty much anywhere.

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A healthy all life stage food that I had been using is Canidae Pure Elements. On Chewy.com, it's $16.50 for the 5 lb bag, but if you only need it for a few weeks, there's also a 2.5 lb bag available for $7.21. I know it can also be found at Petco, but not sure what other stores.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sebnari96

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone!​
No, not for a permanent switch. Jus a good food, yet cheap to get them for emergency purposes.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
You can get a 5lb bag of almost any premium cat for $20 or so, so take your pick. nature's Variety tends to have some good food for price point, but any decent grain free food will probably be fine for a couple of weeks.

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any Purina Beyond variety.

Also...
Purina Proplan True Nature Chicken & Egg
Canidae Pure Elements Chicken
Nutro Indoor Advantage Chicken
Under the Sun Turkey
Under the Sun Chicken
Diamond Naturals Kitten Formula (chicken
Evolve Maintenance Formula (chicken)

Antarcticat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I picked up a 5lb bag of Blue Buffalo dry food for 17 bucks at my local pet store the other day. It won't totally break the bank and it's pretty widely acknowledged as one of the better major brands. The one caveat is that it isn't completely carb-free, which is an issue if your cat(s) happen to have diabetes.

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if they sell Applaws in the US? But their dry food is complete, grain-free, and with an 80% meat content and is half the price of all the other quality dry foods I've found.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if they sell Applaws in the US? But their dry food is complete, grain-free, and with an 80% meat content and is half the price of all the other quality dry foods I've found.
I've seen the wet food online. I've never looked for dry food, but I've seen applaws.