Chatty And Her Stray/feral Suitors I'm Assuming?

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI! OK, as I've said in getting Chatty we saved each other last October, while I was taking pictures of the Moon. She is the best and she was pregnant unknown to me at the time. I thought I was saving her from a kitty rape by a bunch of toms. Only after she had her babies (which have all found FurrEver homes they are getting HUGE) her main Tom/boyfriend as I call him who would come around after the babies where born, and still does from time to time. Only more 'suitors for Chatty' have been coming around. I put out a dish for water about a month ago, they do drink that but with as insane as the weather has been Spring nice temps back to snow and even a tornado about 5 miles south of me more suitors for Chatty who has been spayed now too. They came right up to the back sunroom window earlier today and beautiful 's/f' kittys Chatty became concerned too for them. I took an empty milk gallon jug and cut it filling it with food and put it out for them. Don't know if they will come back or not? They don't seem fearful of me so idk what to do?
If they come around again? Help

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any chance they are just owned cats? If there are still toms roaming around, would it be possible for you to get them neutered? One of them might remember that you had food out before. Other cats just may be following the tom.

Be sure not to leave food out overnight. It will attract too many unwanted critters. If you are feeding the cats, you are making them healthy and strong so they can continue to reproduce. If possible please get the toms neutered.

Thank you for taking in Chatty and her babies. You certainly saved her life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any chance they are just owned cats? If there are still toms roaming around, would it be possible for you to get them neutered? One of them might remember that you had food out before. Other cats just may be following the tom.

Be sure not to leave food out overnight. It will attract too many unwanted critters. If you are feeding the cats, you are making them healthy and strong so they can continue to reproduce. If possible please get the toms neutered.

Thank you for taking in Chatty and her babies. You certainly saved her life!
HI and thank you for the kind words and Chatty has been a complete blessing to me or we are for each other, I thought she hated me after I got her spayed, I know I hated doing that but also know from a p resistant family member and friend/neighbor "who claims to hate cats but he loves Chatty too and is always worried about us both" Chatty loves him it's funny she smells him and rolls all over the floor when he's around. That's neither her nor there but when she did get out one time he went after her crawling on the ground to get her from out under his truck. But Chatty is still the little sweetie always giving kisses. I have no idea if the two cats outside in the above pics are anyones or not. + I got the unwanted critters long before Chatty ground hogs/ black raccoons, she hates Ground hogs and chases them off when she has been out before but keep her in now.

I can be on the look out for lost kitties, but I could also try to catch get neutered and release, I've made pretty good contacts while searching for homes for the babies miss them so badly but know they are happy, healthy and safe too. money would be the main issue with catching and getting them neutered.

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you feed them, they will come. . .:D.

Is there a TNR organization in your area? That would be the best thing for these kitties.
Yes as I said above while looking for homes for the babies I made some great contacts, and even made the best one prior to having Chatty without even knowing it. DVM for a spay and neuter clinic, and she/they where wonderful with Chatty and she even remembered when we met prior to me getting Chatty. Thanks for your comment

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe Chattys new male friends just think “she has a nice personality “..ha! Always great to here a good report. Bet if Chatty could really talk she’d say thanks mom!

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear Chatty's such a blessing for you! And that you got her fixed, and she's loving her inside life!

The outside guys may just be "hangers on" from when she wasn't spayed - - they may have just been buddies. I'd ask around to see if they're anyone's - - and if no answer - - I'd humane trap and neuter. And if you have indeed searched for - and found no - people that either live with, I'd find lovely indoor homes for them (since it sounds like you now have some connections!!

It's always SO nice to hear happy endings - - - that are then TRIPLED by possibly being happy endings (fixing and then forever homes) for the other two also! It doesn't get much better :)

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah that's it !:welcomeback1: I've missed you Trudy how have you been? lol but I know she is happy that I help her and them she is always giving me kisses, and she is like a little meowing watch dog too. I know I've fallen asleep on the couch watching tv and she was just meow her little head off til I wake up

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Chatty's such a blessing for you! And that you got her fixed, and she's loving her inside life!

The outside guys may just be "hangers on" from when she wasn't spayed - - they may have just been buddies. I'd ask around to see if they're anyone's - - and if no answer - - I'd humane trap and neuter. And if you have indeed searched for - and found no - people that either live with, I'd find lovely indoor homes for them (since it sounds like you now have some connections!!

It's always SO nice to hear happy endings - - - that are then TRIPLED by possibly being happy endings (fixing and then forever homes) for the other two also! It doesn't get much better :)
Thanks and I am truly blessed to have Chatty, and I know she feels the same about me. Such a lovey little girl she is, and so much fun omgosh we've been playing get the ball with me kicking around little bell balls for her so much fun.
You could be right by hanger ons but the cats in the above picture outside aren't ones that normally came around or have been seen before, I mean the big Morris looking cat has been coming around maybe a week here and there the other i've never seen before. But the Morris cat came back around this evening Chatty and him where just laying beside the glass door checking each other out, I slowly walked into sunroom so I wouldn't chase him off, I spoke calmly to him and kept saying it's alright I won't hurt you, I'm trying to help. I tried to put some more food out but he took off. Shrugs, I can try again tomm. Poor Chatty running around all worried about the kitty. Then I locked up sunroom and we came in and have been playing. I will try to contact some TNR places tomm. Thank you for the kind words

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat's are social and just like hanging out with other cats. They also probably figure the other cats are getting fed and they want some food too.

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat's are social and just like hanging out with other cats. They also probably figure the other cats are getting fed and they want some food too.
I think that may be it, they both came back today from behind where I live, they may live back there? but I have water out and put some dry cat food out back to when the one was just looking all sad at me. Neither are starving but still put some food out and the darker one ate with Chatty all over the place looking out the sunroom windows like my friend my friend.

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I named papa kitty(white, black, with some grey/yellow tiger stipping on rear legs) Furr Kitten Katten

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Named him huh? Well I’d say you’re on you’re way to a cat “colony”...ha! Remember when you were a kid on Halloween and you knew which houses gave out the best candy? Kinda like that!

Pet Chatty for me

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Named him huh? Well I’d say you’re on you’re way to a cat “colony”...ha! Remember when you were a kid on Halloween and you knew which houses gave out the best candy? Kinda like that!

Pet Chatty for me
LOL yep guess I did I still call him papa kitty for the most part, but they keep coming around might as well give them silly names I still call them all kitty when i talk to them in a calm voice. OH NO I don't think I'll have the cat colony though, at least that isn't my intention

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welp the critters where out this evening, I knew something was up when I looked and saw Chatty looking like she wanted to pounce on something,
to her having a sit in while FatHog chomped on grass
Then 4 black raccoons behind the fence, I tried to get picture when they where in back yard walking along fence line they stick way close together and jumped the fence by the time I got phone and closer

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, do love a good “gathering”! Poor Chatty. Just lean down, whisper in ear and remind her that those guys she’s envying now also are out all night chased by critters, out when it snows, rains,etc while she gets to watch from the window!

A while back when I went up to feed my little feral and yelled “cat kids” a opossum and a racoon came as well!

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, do love a good “gathering”! Poor Chatty. Just lean down, whisper in ear and remind her that those guys she’s envying now also are out all night chased by critters, out when it snows, rains,etc while she gets to watch from the window!

A while back when I went up to feed my little feral and yelled “cat kids” a opossum and a racoon came as well!
:heartshape: That is fantastic "cat kids" :heartshape: just gave me the biggest smile all over, and lol I do tell her that and believe it or not she listens although she did the mad leap at the screen to the sunroom because I have the windows open a little and she managed to get the window to slide open more. I sat with her and told her I know you want to go running because it is super nice out today but I don't want you getting hit by a car or to get into a fight with a ground hog or raccoon, she went back and laid on the bed sleeps or gets in screened bedroom window I have open. I've also told her if you stay outback with me when I go out i'd let you but once again scrared you'll get hit by a car or something. I hope that you and the 'cat kids' Have a great weekend