Chartreux (?) that loves to talk!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Smokeyz.  I think he may rather be a look alike a pet quality  korat.  Why pet quality? the eyes arent intensive green...  (RB have also intensive green eyes, although somewhat another shadow, tells me the conneisseurs)

The head is formed more like korat than russian blue.  Thus, although lovely esp on the first picture here in this file,  sooner pet quality korat than russian blue.

Eyes more comparable with chartreux, but chartreux is even more rare than korat (JennyRanson living in France tells Chartreux isnt really common even in F).

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These cats look a lot like my friend's cat Legolas:

(he was in love with my dog Ginger)

sofinee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I flew from California to Georgia to get Smokey my Chartreux.  True to the breed he has been mostly silent until recently.  Now he talks to me in various ways and is surprisingly loud when he wants something.   I found your post because I search for Chartreux cats who talk.  

thegreatbluecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He reminds me of my cat skinny. I have wanted to call him a russian blue becauss he leans more on those looks than a chartreux, But, at the risk of sounding like a broken record there is no way to ever know really without the tell of his lineage. Skinny also loves to talk.. he almost seems like he understands me and answers my questions lol. But at other times hes so quiet I think he is lost. But back on topic, your cat is very nice indeed !

thegreatbluecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure if you are new to message boards in general, but I have found over the years that it helps to post 'defensively'. A quick explanation about how the pictures are old and he/she no longer wears a collar would have halted any commentary.

People don't know anything about us when we post, and they really are reacting for the best interests of the cat.

On a different note. I was in Zellers shopping and a small family was in the pet section. I heard the husband say, oh pick up some flea stuff - and I am too nervous around strangers to say anything but I really felt like following them and explaining how that stuff doesn't work.

As to the cat, I befriended a small stray grey/blue coloured cat at a rental place I lived at. It took months to get her to come in and let us pet her. She was really pretty and we called her smoky.
That "flea stuff" was the cause of my very first cats death just a couple of years ago, he was a melanistic named Cat.. I have been getting my cat a flea shot from the vet.. So you think thats alright?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a reminded that this is an old thread. The original poster probably will not see any replies.

thegreatbluecat thegreatbluecat You might want to start a new thread to ask this question about a flea shot.

Last edited:

JustTasha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this thread is sooooo old. But I just found this site, looking up information about my talkative Chartreux. He is for sure a Chartreux and he's a talker. So it does happen! I asked the vet because I was like I thought they are so quiet. And he is also quiet, but at times he talks to me more than some other breeds I've had. But he only talks to me. Never my husband really. Stanley just has some things to say sometimes i guess.