Changing feeding time causing sickness?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trudy kind of lies on her side and opens up her belly not on her back. She does let me brush her almost to her belly that way so maybe I can try to push the boundary little by little haha. As for the olive oil, I looked up online and it shouldn’t be any harm and said that it actually benefits their skin and fur so i’m gonna try that first to see if it helps. That site has some good information that kind of validated what’s going on with my cat so thank you for that!
Great, I'm glad the site was helpful! That's where I got the idea about egg yolk: I used to buy theirs but then decided to cook my own. (Theirs is easier but sometimes it gets lumpy in the refrigerator!) I did find that three small doses of Vaseline worked well for Edwina. Big plus that she absolutely loves Vaseline. 🙀

As for the belly brushing, yes, that's what I do. Push the boundaries. Edwina used to really, really hate being brushed but she's come to enjoy it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Treecie

New cat mom to Trudy
Young Cat
Purraise
Great, I'm glad the site was helpful! That's where I got the idea about egg yolk: I used to buy theirs but then decided to cook my own. (Theirs is easier but sometimes it gets lumpy in the refrigerator!) I did find that three small doses of Vaseline worked well for Edwina. Big plus that she absolutely loves Vaseline. 🙀

As for the belly brushing, yes, that's what I do. Push the boundaries. Edwina used to really, really hate being brushed but she's come to enjoy it.
Haha I never thought that cats would love to eat vaseline! They are so weird but so cute at the same time <3 At least the previous owner started brushing her thank god.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I never thought that cats would love to eat vaseline! They are so weird but so cute at the same time <3 At least the previous owner started brushing her thank god.
I know, it's a bit odd, isn't it?! Edwina really loves it, it's like a treat for her. I'm glad she hasn't had it enough for her to feel like it should become a habit!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Treecie

New cat mom to Trudy
Young Cat
Purraise
True, they definitely have haha. Glad it's not harmful for humans and cats to eat it!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka , so funny that you mention that about the Vaseline founder -- I learned that, too, when I was researching Vaseline safety before I fed it to Edwina.

I was happy when I read that Dr. Jean Hofve said she fed it to her cat (daily!) for many years and that it's inert. Phew!