Changes to ad provider

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We've recently switched over to a new ad provider and are in the process of sorting everything out. You should not be seeing anything different on the forums, as we're trying to keep the same layout and the same number of ads there.
As before, we're showing a different number of ads to logged-in users vs. visitors who aren't logged in. If you view the site as a visitor, you'll be seeing a higher number of ads, along with a prompt to sign up for an account to lose most of the ads.
The exception at this point is the articles section. We've added more ads in the body of posts, to reach what is now the industry standard. We're working on reducing those for logged-in members too. Please give me a few minutes to try and sort this aspect out.

Thank you for your patience and for your support!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately as I’ve been clicking on a different thread, it will take me to an ad. It doesn’t happen every time, but it is happening. Not sure if you guys are aware of that, just letting you know :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few pop up ads as well from my android. I'll try to remember to screenshot next time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
These are actually interstitials and not pop-ups but they shouldn't be showing up for logged-in users. Thanks for reporting this - I'll contact the ad provider asap to disable them for logged in.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It happens constantly using mobile web browser though. I'm not always at the computer.
Have you had one over the last 12 hours or so? If so, can you please attach a screenshot? It could help us track down the campaign. Thank you!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Have you had one over the last 12 hours or so? If so, can you please attach a screenshot? It could help us track down the campaign. Thank you!
Anne, I just got it from my iPhone while clicking on the Conversation tab.

@15:45
IMG_0113.jpg

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Update: Turns out the ads were in fact removed but it can take up to 24 hours for these changes to take place. Hopefully, you won't be seeing them as of today. Thank you again for your patience!