Changeling cat maybe part Maine Coon?

lovelylisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 1 also! Black smoke Maine coon mix (my own diagnosis from research!) He is 3 month old rescue kitten! acts more like a dog! and has GLORIOUS silver tufts behind his ears and tufts in between his feet!!! so blessed to find this rare mix breed!

Attachments

Ayriny2003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted Boo about 2 years ago from the humane society. She was short haired with 3 inch long, 2 inch wide whitish tufts at the base of her ears @ 4 months age. She was black and white, like a tuxedo. Today, the tufts are lost in her body for which has grown to match the length of the tufts. She has tufted paws and is getting a scarf/mane around her neck. She has soft rabbit like fur that rivals our Ragdoll in softness. She weighs a good 13 pounds & is a huge love bug.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, none of these cats are Maine Coon mixes or purebred or anything. They are just domestic longhairs with really cool and unique characteristics. Those are all traits that come up in the entire domestic cat population. The vast majority of the cats in the world are Domestic long or short hairs, produced over dozens of generations of domestics mating with domestics, a very small percentage are purebred or even mixed breed (ie. Maine Coon mix) and typically come from a breeder unless a very rare case. These are all gorgeous cats with cool tufts of fluff but it literally means nothing in trying to determine if they are a purebred or mix of purebred because they just simply aren't.

Ayriny2003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guys, none of these cats are Maine Coon mixes or purebred or anything. They are just domestic longhairs with really cool and unique characteristics. Those are all traits that come up in the entire domestic cat population. The vast majority of the cats in the world are Domestic long or short hairs, produced over dozens of generations of domestics mating with domestics, a very small percentage are purebred or even mixed breed (ie. Maine Coon mix) and typically come from a breeder unless a very rare case. These are all gorgeous cats with cool tufts of fluff but it literally means nothing in trying to determine if they are a purebred or mix of purebred because they just simply aren't.

Ayriny2003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We agree! Our vet said she was just a cool girl! We call her kitten hood her "rocker-girl" phase.

cindiloops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found a stray kitten about 4 weeks old a couple of months ago and have no idea where she came from as we live quite a distance from any neighbors. She has those cute tufts behind her ears, and her coat has changed dramatically in the last month. I thought maybe she had what's known as "fever coat", but she wasn't born with it, it just appeared as her adult coat started coming in. Her hair is quite long on her hind legs (pantaloons) and tail, and she is starting to develop a "ruff" I think. She was completely black when we found her and at first glance still looks quite black, but at other angles some parts looks silver. I suspect she may have some NFC in her genetics.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found a stray kitten about 4 weeks old a couple of months ago and have no idea where she came from as we live quite a distance from any neighbors. She has those cute tufts behind her ears, and her coat has changed dramatically in the last month. I thought maybe she had what's known as "fever coat", but she wasn't born with it, it just appeared as her adult coat started coming in.
She's cute! The light areas do look like fever coat in your second picture. Fever coat doesn't always appear at birth, it can show up later on. I've seen it myself in a four month old kitten.