Change Username Option: Thank You! You Guys Rock!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't say you were, surya surya . I'm so sorry if I gave you that impression :hugs: I was just explaining why we (the TCS Team) don't like users to open second accounts.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't say you were, surya surya . I'm so sorry if I gave you that impression :hugs: I was just explaining why we (the TCS Team) don't like users to open second accounts.
I understand what you are saying about signing up for another account. I had been thinking of changing my user name, because when I originally signed up it was just to ask one question, so I just picked something quickly. But now that I am hooked on the site, I would like something more personal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know what you mean about usernames - I joined the site for help with trapping a feral, and never dreamed that I'd stick around, let alone end up on the team! I think it's a sign of what a great group of people are here, and what a great site this is :D

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am not a troll.
I don't think Columbine Columbine implied that you were. Most members are unaware of how many spammers and trolls attack the board on a regular basis, and yes, many of them use duplicate accounts.

Our rules clearly state that we do not allow more than one account per user :deal:.

As for username changes -

We ask people to think before choosing a username because once you have more than a few posts under your belt we won't make any changes (unless under very extreme circumstances). We find that changes to usernames confuse others who participate in the forums and should be avoided.

We do occasionally have people who sign up with their full names, i.e. first and last name - full version. When that happens, the user sometimes contacts us asking for a change. This usually happens very fast, often before even making a single post. Mind you, this is 2017 and people regularly identify themselves on Facebook and other social media platforms - some people are just fine with having their full name on the forums and that's ok too.

In order to protect people's safety and privacy, we don't allow posting of members' home addresses, phones and emails. Personally, I don't think using a full name is a security issue under those terms but to each his/her own. Just please make sure you request the change early on, to be fair to other members.

Please don't contact me for a username once you have more 10 or more posts under your username unless it's your full name (first + family name) or you have another very good reason. :thanks: