Chai Kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A few days ago (the 7th) was the two year anniversary of Chai’s death. I was sad and it sucked, although I was really busy that day so I didn’t have much time to dwell on it, which I guess was good. I cried for a short time and Chilli made me smile because she immediately started being so cuddly and comforting. It’s weird, and I know this isn’t possible, but she isn’t like that every time I cry or feel upset - but whenever I’m upset about Chai she somehow knows. Maybe it’s because that’s such a deep sadness that she can recognize it more easily. Regardless, she’s the only other living thing that had a personal connection with Chai and loved her and helped her come out of her shell like I did - so I rely on her for strength and comfort a lot.

Anyway, although I’ve been sad the past few days, something really good happened too. After months of being on the waiting list, I’m finally scheduled for my Chai tattoo with one of my favorite tattoo artists. It’s happening at the end of the month and I’m so excited. I can’t wait to see the design she comes up with. I’ll post it here of course after I get the tattoo done.

I can’t wait to have her with me forever. I know she already is. But I think the physical reminder will be really special.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few days ago (the 7th) was the two year anniversary of Chai’s death. I was sad and it sucked, although I was really busy that day so I didn’t have much time to dwell on it, which I guess was good. I cried for a short time and Chilli made me smile because she immediately started being so cuddly and comforting. It’s weird, and I know this isn’t possible, but she isn’t like that every time I cry or feel upset - but whenever I’m upset about Chai she somehow knows. Maybe it’s because that’s such a deep sadness that she can recognize it more easily. Regardless, she’s the only other living thing that had a personal connection with Chai and loved her and helped her come out of her shell like I did - so I rely on her for strength and comfort a lot.

Anyway, although I’ve been sad the past few days, something really good happened too. After months of being on the waiting list, I’m finally scheduled for my Chai tattoo with one of my favorite tattoo artists. It’s happening at the end of the month and I’m so excited. I can’t wait to see the design she comes up with. I’ll post it here of course after I get the tattoo done.

I can’t wait to have her with me forever. I know she already is. But I think the physical reminder will be really special.
rosegold rosegold Some experts say cats are more sensitive than humans. I absolutely believe that, because, for one thing, cats have less stuff to deal with than most humans do, so they are able to focus more keenly on what is truly important. Their senses are far more highly developed than ours. Never doubt that Chili knows, and that she is comforting you. She misses Chai, too, so hopefully you comfort one another.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 2 years already? Wow! Amazing how a human being can be so deeply bonded to one's pet even after its passing. This is one thing that others cannot understand. I had my share when I lost my childhood dog. Been decades but it still hurts darn deep each time.

Such beautiful reminder of Chai. :redheartpump: :redheartpump: