Cfa Show

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a show this weekend - I am excited! I am taking Camie and Mimi since Jacks whiskers still haven't fully regrown after the vet clipped them off. According to the breed count posted, Camie will have some competition as there is another grand champion entered. It will be a tough show for her if it is the cat I am thinking of. He cleaned house last weekend. It looked like he was in every final from the photos I saw. I just dread the drive - 2+ hours and I am not staying over. I will do the drive both days of the show. I considered staying over, but I have a girl (Poppy) at home with cancer. The vet told me her time is short now I don't want to miss any chance to be with her. She amazes me - was diagnosed in April and the only way you know she is ill, even now, is that she weighs almost nothing. She acts totally normal otherwise - playing, eating and snuggling.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fingers crossed for Camie, Mimi and you this weekend. :crossfingers: Came will certainly be tough to overcome by any competitor. I will be thinking of you especially on the long drive both days. Sending special thoughts to Poppy, she sounds like a perseverant girl. :vibes: (I may have missed it but just out of curiosity why did the vet clip Jack's whiskers?)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What?!? Why did the vet clip Jack's whiskers?

Good luck with the show. Don't forget to take pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack had an ulcer on his jaw. The vet was clipping the hair away to get a good look when he jumped and the whiskers got cut.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am almost as excited as if I was going to the show too! I Will not wish you good luck because your wonderful kitties don't need It, but I wish you will have the best and most fair judges ever, so your lovely cats win all.
Please, update us whenever can and if you manage to upload some pictures you will make my day!
Best wishes,
A.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update before dashing off for day 2. Mimi has done nothing. She did earn herself a new nick name from me though - Pig Pen. After her bath I fed them supper and somehow she managed to get it ALL over her! Cleaned her up again. At the show she managed to poop on her tail. Cleaned her up yet again. What will she do today???:lol: Camie only made 1 final so far, in a specialty ring. Her competition is GORGEOUS! He deserved the finals he made. Pictures will follow when I have time to download them.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update before dashing off for day 2. Mimi has done nothing. She did earn herself a new nick name from me though - Pig Pen. After her bath I fed them supper and somehow she managed to get it ALL over her! Cleaned her up again. At the show she managed to poop on her tail. Cleaned her up yet again. What will she do today???:lol: Camie only made 1 final so far, in a specialty ring. Her competition is GORGEOUS! He deserved the finals he made. Pictures will follow when I have time to download them.
As some wise fellow one observed, "some days you are the poop and some days you are the tail."

;)

Camellia will do just fine in the end - she's far too beautiful not to win the day, no matter the competition.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tough show for us! 1 final for each of the girls. Camie did not show well this weekend. She is showing signs of being in heat so being benched next to a intact male in every ring played havoc with hormones (his and hers!). Here is a shot I took with my phone. I haven't down loaded the photos from my camera yet.Camie is in the bed and Mimi is behind.