Cfa International Show

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The CFA International show is in October in Cleveland, Ohio. Is anyone on here planning on going? I made my hotel reservations yesterday in hopes that I can go. Depends on finances. I have never been able to go because before this year it was always scheduled on a weekend that I was required to work. I am looking forward to it, but am apprehensive to. There will be two simultaneous shows, each with 500 cats so the chances of finaling is next to nothing. Plus, I have a friend who has asked me to agent his kitten on one of the days. He is involved in the beginnings of training to be a judge so he has some other things to do on Saturday. I have only agented one cat before and I was a nervous wreck! This kitten is the best he has ever produced in the 10+ years I have known him. I told him I will have to let him know since I am still working on finances. It isn't a cheap trip, even if I am driving instead of flying.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully! This time the show is actually within driving distance for me, so I plan on going, but I have to see what my schedule/work constraints are for that weekend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope to be able to meet you then! It is an 81/2 hour drive for me. I have driven farther- but I hate it, especially alone!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
...too bad the person who wants you to agent his kitten can't help a bit with $$ :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be there, I go to this show every year :)

Don't be intimidated by this show. Choose the show with the best judges for your cat(s), go and have fun! Top 15 finals are given in all categories and there are lots of specialty rings, so there are lots of chances for finals. Breed/division awards are also given at the end of the show.

I agree with Furballsmom, if finances are an issue, ask for a contribution from the person who wants you to agent his cat.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend would pay me, but I won’t take it. He is a friend and I don’t charge my friends. My husband told me to quit worrying about the expense and just go and have a good time. I happen to be a worrier and cheap! A bad combination!!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WE ARE GOING TO CLEVELAND!! Hotel reservations made, show confirmation received, boss confirmed my vacation. Unless something bad (heavens forbid!) happens we will hit the road in October.

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That’s great, good luck and have fun!