Cell Phone Problem - Any techs out there.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a Tracfone. Recently I have noticed dark vertical lines on the screen. I have tried fully charging and also restarting the phone. Nothing has helped. Anyone know what could be causing this, or what I might try to fix it. I have not not a factory reset. That is a last option

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I suspect that you have a hardware problem with the screen. If so, doing a factory reset will not fix it. A repair center might but if it’s a cheap phone it would be less expensive just to replace it or you continue To use it as it is.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What model is the phone itself?

I agree that if it's more than a couple years old and not too expensive, it'll be better to replace it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you live in the U.S.? There's a place I've used named uBreakiFix; I think they have stores in all major American cities. They'll examine your phone (or tablet, or computer, whatever) for free. If just opening it up to diagnose the problem fixes it (it sometimes does) the repair is free. If that doesn't do it they'll tell you what's wrong with it and how much they'd charge to repair it, and whether you're better off just buying a new phone.

When my laptop stopped charging the repair guys at Office Depot told me it was dead; time to buy a new computer. And the repair guys at uBreakiFix told me I just needed a new power cable for it, and didn't charge me for the diagnosis. UBreakiFix was right. (Unfortunately, I had to go to Office Depot to get the new cable, but at least I didn't have to buy a whole new computer from them.)

Margret

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The phone is not an expensive one. I agree it is probably not worth a repair. I thought there might be something else I could try myself. I have not taken it apart, taken out the battery, etc. Maybe I will give that a try. Thank you all who have answered.