Celebration Of Life

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This past Saturday I had a Celebration of Life for my husband Paul, who passed away on 12/15. Just some friends who he loved and who loved him. It was so nice to have people over to honor him. I was ok when they were here but a mess after they left. It is so hard - nobody can understand it unless they experience it. Everything brings me to tears, sometimes I can hardly drive the car. I miss him and wonder when I will start to get back to some semblance of "normal". Right now I can't imagine it. We were married for 53 years ad knew each other for 56. So heartbreaking. I keep hoping I'll wake up and find that this was just a horrible nightmare. I keep waiting for a "sign" from him to tell me he is ok and with his sister. That would be so welcome!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t even imagine what you are going through. I’m so glad you felt the love and comfort from his friends and family. Best wishes. :hugs:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kookycats,
I'm so sorry for your loss ❤
Some food for thought, one of the things that folks are doing, especially when they are terminally ill, they are have a celebration of life with the guest of honor present to share memories with their friends and loved ones in person.
Also when I was terribly upset when a girlfriend lost her 13yr old, he was hit by a car and killed by a lady on drugs...I could not stop crying a year later! The doctor had me write to James like I was talking to him! Now I can see the healing with each entry and I told his parents and they swear it helped them to heal too. We all have journals and the subject matter varied, depending who was writing and what was going on with that person is. I suggested this to other friends and helped them to heal.
I hope this helps anyone who is sad because of loss, be it human or a furkid!❤❤❤

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been married but I know what it's like to lose someone close to you. I can't imagine how you must feel right now.
It's been 3 years since Julien died and I still think about him everyday. I cry whenever I think about him and see old photos.
I'm glad you had friends and family for love and support. :redheartpump:
Love and positive energy from Canada!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for what you are going through, 53 years of marriage is a testament to your love and devotion for one another. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. :hugs: