Cecio (and remembering Anakin)

iamcritic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there!
A week ago we adopted a stray kitten and we named him Cecio. He's 8 week old, and in his short life he already fought hunger, parasites, fleas and a few infections. We hope that his life will now be as healthy as he deserves. He's a very good boy, we'd already covered the house in absorbent mats in case of accidents, but he found the litterbox right away. He's very affectionate, and even with a high fever he rubbed against me and purred. He's also scared of every noise louder than whispers and every movement makes him run under the sofa. He learned to climb the bookcase but then he cries because he doesn't know how to get down :biggrin:. He also tries to bury his food when he's done and he cracks me up every time.

I wanted also to remember our beloved Anakin, 1/3 cat 1/3 raccoon 1/3 dog, always howling and stealing food, he slept like a human: under the cover and with his head on a pillow, or my bf's arm, even better. They were symbiotic, and Anakin recognized his steps from 4 floors up and always went at the door to greet him. He'd always been very sick (severe asthma, early onset CKD), and at the age of just 4,5 years he stole a cupcake too much and went in acute pancreatitis with hepatic lipidosis. He was hospitalized for a week in one of the best veterinary hospitals of the country, but there was nothing they could do, and we had to say goodbye. I'm choking up just writing about him. He was my first cat ever and he had more personality than many people out there. Everyone who met him remembers him.

Now Cecio is sleeping in Anakin's fluffy bed and using his toys, and I know that's not better use for them.
I hope Cecio and us have many many happy years together, and I can't wait to get to know him even better 💕

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome!
Be sure and feed him as much as he can eat, in multiple small meals throughout the day, with a little kibble on the side for snacks.

Also, a heartbeat or purr toy might help him gain confidence:)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
66aef3b5231b5c412c4c77b3e2298ded.gif
iamcritic and Cecio, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
ba157945a0fc02b17d072b5fc5dda2a1.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Cecio and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home :hearthrob::redheartpump:
We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Anakin :alright:. You may want to pay a tribute to Anakin and you may do so here in crossing-the-bridge.19

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Cecio is a cutie pie. :lovecat2:

Condolences on the loss of Anakin. RIP sweet boy. :angel3:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Your kitten Cecio is so beautiful, and I also love the name. Given the variant to the more correct name of the pulse (cece - chickpea for those who don't speak Italian), I'd say you live in Tuscany ;)

Anakin was very handsome, and I'm so sorry you lost him. I'm sure you won't forget him, and he won't forget you.
Welcome to Cecio, and a kiss to Anakin. May he be Cecio's guardian angel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iamcritic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Your kitten Cecio is so beautiful, and I also love the name. Given the variant to the more correct name of the pulse (cece - chickpea for those who don't speak Italian), I'd say you live in Tuscany ;)
I'm not from Tuscany, but I find the variant name so fitting to him I just couldn't follow proper lexycon :biggrin: