Cecil. A foster kitten.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a litter of foster kittens yesterday, 6 of them. Little Cecil passed over today. He was the smallest, and he hadn't been eating well, so needed to spoon feed and finger feed, and syringe today. But, he became lethargic this evening and I took him back to the shelter ASAP and I got a call that he passed while they were treating him.
He was 6 weeks old, and in the 24 hours I had him he was the sweetest little lap kitten. Oh, this part of fostering. 😭 But, he had a comfortable 24 hours in a home instead of a shelter kennel. The others are doing well, thankfully.
Rest, little Cecil!

Cecil.jpeg

😭

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
It is a good thing that you do for these kittens, pearl99 pearl99 You are very kind. And strong, to see the kindness in the one day of love you gave to little Cecil against the sadness of his passing. Those eyes!
I’m kind of numb right now. And won’t sleep well tonight, and it just aches. Watching the others and their antics helps some. Blame myself for not saving him. Although I had a feeling he might have a long road ahead. Just hurts.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, little Cecil, dream you deep. Your tiny pawprints are now on more hearts that ever you knew existed.

What Cecil knew of hearth, of home, of love, he knew because of you. Gentle hands, soft voices...you. Do not blame yourself that he could not live...he DID live, because of you. And now he will live forever, in your heart. His love for you, translated and purified into Love, is with you still. You taught him love, and the Great Divine now has taught him Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he found you to give him the love and attention he needed. sometimes no matter what, it is not enough. It hurts, but I hope you take comfort in knowing you tried.....
Cecil's little soul is at rest because he carries your love and caring within. He will continue to end his love back to help you care for his siblings, he can rest easy knowing they are in good hands.
Bless you, for caring for these tiny angels. It is not easy stepping in when there are so many in need. Thank you......RIP dear Cecil. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind and helpful words. It's so comforting to read when feeling this. The others are healthy and rambunctious. I do feel also at least he was loved and warm and comfortable with us the last day of his life.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a kitten foster parent, we have also had losses in the past. The little kittens can be so fragile! They can be playing one moment and almost comatose the next. They can really turn on a dime. As rescues, they often come in with various illnesses, parasites, etc. You gave him love and cuddles and that's a wonderful thing!