cbd

mocha bee

Delilah
Young Cat
Purraise
does anyone have experience with CBD oil?

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Tons. I live in Humboldt. :lol:

The industry is a mess right now. Most of the CBD treats at Petco are a scam:

Veterinarians cannot legally prescribe. Your best bet would be to talk to a trusted budtender at your local dispensary.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What W Willow's Mom posted is really true. A lot of the CBD industry is a scam even for humans. I use Innovet for my dog and they do carry cat products, but the question is, as FeebysOwner FeebysOwner said, what is the reason you want to use it? I tried it initially for pain and anxiety, felt it did nothing and certainly was not a replacement for anything that had been prescribed for him, took him off of it, and now have him back on for anxiety and feel that it might be doing something in that area. It also might be giving him the munchies, but it is hard to tell.

Get organic from a company who seems to be selling responsibly or a budtender as the crop is very pesticide laden. If you are using other meds, you should ask your vet if CBD is contraindicated as it is a pathway disruptor for certain meds, making them either weaker or stronger, which could be a problem depending.

It is sort of like the wild west right now with these products and you need to do research.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plus there is an FDA warning about companies illegally selling CBD products for pets. The AVMA has this article about it:

Your best bet would be to talk to a trusted budtender at your local dispensary.
But would a budtender know anything at all about how CBD affects pets, adverse reactions to look for, etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mocha bee

Delilah
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the insites. I am using it for anxiety but very hard to know if she is eating it all at once because as we all know cats tend to eat a few bites and then come back later for more. Only doing it for about 4 days now and no improvement.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Cannabis is good for anxiety, even though Prop 64 has not been very good for cannabis. I hope that things are better for all of us soon. Please be careful with your finances and ask for free samples if you have not already done so.

I would be cautious with THC and kittens for the same reasons we don't pass joints to toddlers. If you are able to legally grow your own, perhaps you can find some further information on an appropriate cannabis forum.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hemp is legal to buy possess and use in all 50 states now.
this is from a PBS special I just found online
"4. In the 1600s, property owners in North America had to grow hemp.

By way of a royal decree, King James I required every property owner in Jamestown to grow 100 plants of hemp for export in 1619, according to “Hemp: American History Revisited: The Plant with a Divided History” by Robert Deitch."
Ive read this on many sites its true.