Cbd Oil

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a 17.5 year old arthritic cat who is on daily glucosamine and a tiny bit of aspirin 3 times a week (recommendation of vet) and a 7 year old who over grooms and throw up when she eats to much too fast. (My two 4 year-olds are doing fine right now). I am going to start them both on CBD oil drops in 2 weeks, when I get back home. I have read that it could help both. I ahve also read that it might become a staple in vets offices for cats and dogs.

Is anyone else using it and if yes, what for, how much and does it work?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You've double checked with your vet that there are no negative interactions with your oldest kitty's meds?

The post in this thread refers to a couple of other things but then gets to the part that you're interested in;

Mentally Ill Cat?

Can you also try chamomile tea for your over groomer? Commercially made bagged tea is safe (chamomile grown in gardens is not). Brew it, cool it, and apply to itchy areas. It is anti fungal, anti bacterial, will ease the itch and is safe if she licks some.

Can you try some music? There's an app called Relax My Cat, and there is Musicforcats . com, to help with feline stress.

You, Your Cat And Stress

Also there's a section in here for gobblers;

18 Awesome Cat Feeding Tips By Thecatsite Staff Members

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. Raven The Elder.... is not on any meds except the aspirin. I hope to get her off, if this works. It will be better for her. My overgroomer, Tinker, would have be be bathed in the tea...LOL. I play cat calming music every morning. I like it, too. None of my four cats are gobblers. All four eat their morning canned food over the day and evening canned food all night long. Tinker can only have a bite first thing, not more, or she will loose it. After that first bite, eating for a while, she can come back for more. All four are indoor only and do not get vaccinated.

CBD is hemp and does not cause anyone or cats to get high. It is used for all sorts of things. I am thinking of trying it for my arthritis and try to get off my NSAID.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try Vetcbd, or Lazarus, and keep records of doses, how they react etc. I know one member uses very low doses and it has helped a lot with arthritis for one cat, and helps another cat to be calmer :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you FurBallsMom. I know that cats tak low doses and I will start with half of what is recommended. Also, thanks for reminding me to keep a record. It will be a while before I see results like your friend.

Thank you FeebysOwner, perfect list of sites to read. I am on an ipad and could not find a search field so I posted a new thread. These will help a lot.