Cavileir King Charles Spaniel

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Be still my beating heart, he is absolutely precious. :heartshape: He looks like a Riley too! Good luck with with the cat and dog intros. I'm sure it will work out for everyone. Hugs to all of you. :hugs:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute!! :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob: I wish I could get another one now! If I didnt rent and owned my own house I would get a second one.

A little tri pup. Lovely! Goog luck with the intros :crossfingers: I'm sure it'll be fine. Most cavs are great with other animals. Once the cats get used to him it'll be fine.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs , any updates?!
IME CKCS are so docile that barking is pretty much their extent. Was this pupper raised around cats? If not, the pup is probably wondering what those small, super fuzzy dogs are! =D
Hoping that you've got a happy household getting along well. Puppies are so fun!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Riley looks full of vim and vigor. He's absolutely adorable.:hearthrob:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cavaliers are absolutely lap dogs. That is what they were bred to do. They sat on the laps of royalty to attract fleas away from the humans and saved their lives from deadly diseases. It is in their genes to want to sit on a lap at ALL TIMES. Seriously, Bosco is my shadow. He follows me everywhere. He is not happy unless he is two inches away from my leg or touching me.

That said, because they are so attached to people, it's important that you train them well as pups. Get them used to you leaving so you don't increase the potential for developing separation anxiety. And it's good to get them involved in other interests besides their people. They make great therapy dogs, some like doing agility, or learning obedience. I'm leaning how to do rally with Bosco and we are training for therapy work.

I think (though I may be biased) that this is the best breed ever. And that's great that you got a pup whose parents are health tested. That's the most important thing with this breed.

Let me see pics when you get him!!! :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::bluepaw::bluepaw::bluepaw:
View attachment 235373
They certainly are the cutest! :cloud9: