Cattamboo toys?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any experience with these toys?  We are considering adopting a cat who is very shy / scared and I'd like to find stuff to help her relax.  I read about these toys, and they sound interesting.  Before I buy, I was wondering if anyone knows how well they work.  Sounds like it might even get my lazy Swanie to play again?

http://www.cattamboo.com/

snowkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's the first time I've heard of these toys and they look amazing. I watched the video and the cats look so happy playing! I love how versatile it can be played with, mimicking the movements of the birds or insects cats love to chase after. My cats love toys with feathers and I'd definitely get them one of these if they shipped internationally at a reasonable price.

Shy cats usually take some time to be comfortable in a new environment, play and treats are always something that could draw them out of their shell and make them forget for that moment that they are scared. You could let Swanie play with the toy first and maybe the new cat would learn from watching her that it's safe to come out and play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do look amazing, and they're pretty cheap, I think I'm going to send for one or two.  I wish it was something I could get locally.   If I could get fat lazy Swanie to play with it, that would be an amazing side benefit.

snowkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please post pictures of the toys and your cats playing! It would be lovely to see them. :)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered.  Shipped within 2 business day, 3-4 days to get here.  We'll see if they are as awesome as claimed.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reviving this thread to say that they are awesome toys and Cricket just loves it. She's addicted, I think. She knows where the "feather bird" lives and is always bugging me to get it out..  It's very cute, she chases it, catches it, grabs it in her mouth and drags it off to her "lair."  We plan to try to get some videos this weekend. I'll see if I can figure out how to post.  I'm going to buy a couple more. She's already broken one of them. I think they're supposed to be fixable, but I have to see if I can figure that one out.

Oh, and I say she was shy and scared?  If I didn't know this was Cricket based on her coloring, I would think they did a switch at the shelter.  Since coming here, she's been anything but timid

snowkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay! The toy sounds amazing. I'm going to see if anyone around wants to order so we could split the shipping. Does Swanie also play with the toys?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! The toy sounds amazing. I'm going to see if anyone around wants to order so we could split the shipping. Does Swanie also play with the toys?
Swanie doesn't play with these, but he can't really get near them with her.  He likes to watch, and one of these  days I'll take him off into a room just me and him and see what happens.  He does play with some of the other little mice and things from time to time.  And I think I saw them playing some yesterday!  They're getting along really good. Not cuddle buddies, but tonight she came running down the stairs, went up to him, and touched noses.  I've seen them do that a number of times.   Things are going well.  I have to get some pictures.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Looks very interesting. I added them to the reviews section, so hopefully those who tried it can add their reviews - 
[product="20452"]Cattamboo Cat Toy  [/product]