Cats water broke 5 hours ago and still no kittens

Kars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is hers and my first litter and everywhere I search it says that she should have had her kittens by now. She seems restless and keeps panting but theres no sign of kittens other than a little bit or red discharge.

Crabbysquatch

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first and only time dealing with this was about a year ago. I must have called the vet 6 times in the middle of the night Memorial Day weekend. I never actually spoke to a vet but the people who answered the phone seemed to know enough to let me know when to worry and bring her in.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is hers and my first litter and everywhere I search it says that she should have had her kittens by now. She seems restless and keeps panting but theres no sign of kittens other than a little bit or red discharge.
this is worring of course, but we had forumites experiencing such and the delivery comes later on without complications.

do you have access to a knowlesble vet?

if she still drinks or eats; try ti give her calcium rich. whatever you have at home and she takes.

lack of calcium may cause weak labor.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her overall water sac broke, but each kitten is still in its own water sac that usually breaks during delivery. She is likely contracting and will begin pushing out kittens soon if she hasn’t already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is worring of course, but we had forumites experiencing such and the delivery comes later on without complications.

do you have access to a knowlesble vet?

if she still drinks or eats; try ti give her calcium rich. whatever you have at home and she takes.

lack of calcium may cause weak labor.
What type of calcium do you recommend? I’ve been feeding her kitten food her whole pregnancy I don’t know if that helps.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What type of calcium do you recommend? I’ve been feeding her kitten food her whole pregnancy I don’t know if that helps.
should be enough.
goats milk is the supplement i usually recommend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: She still hasn’t given birth yet and is acting like normal, eating and sleeping.

Crabbysquatch

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to say our experience was the same. Water broke and nothing for a long time. I remember thinking something was wrong every step of the way and everything took way longer than I thought it should. Everything turned out good though.

Crabbysquatch

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wooohooo for kittens. Ours only had 2 kittens. Can’t imagine the chaos 5 demon monkey babies will cause.