Cats Wake Up At 5:52am Every Morning! Help!

Breezy0815

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have two Maine coon kittens, 13wks and 15wks, both males. No matter what time we go to bed, no matter how much playtime we do before bed they are not able to stay sleeping. They wake up at random hours, and wake us up, usually by purring and general loving on us.
I don't mind that as much because eventually they fall back asleep. However every morning at 5:52am they're up and crashing around. I don't mind it too much because I have to get up for work, but I have downstairs neighbors and I feel awful :( they chase each other around and I can't imagine what it sounds like to my neighbors.

Is there anything I can do to encourage sleeping just a little later? If I separate them then they just cry for each other. If I put one in the carrying se, just for an hour, he cries like crazy and the other one goes crazy attacking the bag. Please help!

FunfettiSquid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, not sure if any of my suggestions will help, since I live in a ground floor apartment with no downstairs neighbors to bother when my cats chase each other around early in the morning, but maybe try a wand toy that you could play with them while still on the bed and tire them out for a bit again? It might not help them sleep later, but it could keep the noise down. Likewise, a little dry food hidden in a puzzle toy/feeder might keep them at least occupied and in a stationary position for a bit, although it wouldn't encourage them not to continue with the early rising. :)

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to hide my cat from the land lord (pets weren’t allowed where we lived) and prevent him from going to the windows without having to shut all the blinds, what helped a ton was playing youtube videos on a tablet (search ‘videos for cats’ or ‘cat tv’), my cat was mesmerized for hours and whould sit in front of it for several hours, just watching or swatting at the screen. He still likes to watch some birds or squirrels and even has his own tablet :dizzy: . Just a thought, but maybe it can keep your kitties from running around and disturbing your neighbors.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all make sure your place is truly kittenproof. This means putting away or securing down anything they can knock over or break. This should bring the noise volume down and since they are so young the sound of them running shouldn’t carry beyond your apartment. Then shut them out of your room at 5:52am. I doubt they are disturbing your neighbors but it would be a neighborly thing to check with them to find out what they are hearing.