Cat's vomit with black specks

marchfest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My cat (around 4 months old) suddenly vomited twice today. I have no idea what are those black specks in her vomit. Anyone might know what it is? I cleaned the floor immediately and forgot to look through the vomit - I'm assuming those are undigested food? It's not entirely liquid.

She is still active and is willing to play with me but recently she stopped eating wet food. I'm not sure if she is just being picky (she has been eating the same wet food for months) but she has switched to dry food instead. I warmed the wet food but she doesn't seem interested anymore. Her poo is still normal, no diarrhoea or anything like that. I'm kinda panicking right now in the middle of the night and planning to send her to the vet soon. Should I send her to the vet?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Just wanna know if it's anything dangerous :( :thanks:

Attachments

Ravynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The black specks could be blood which will usually look like little coffee grounds.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not sure what the black specks are, but I would just say if she continues to vomit, you definitely should think about having her seen by a Vet, simply because she is still a baby, and kittens can get into so many things they shouldn't, especially this time of year when there are new and shiny objects around most houses (fun things to get into trouble with). Also, some Christmas plants are poisonous to cats, etc., so if this doesn't clear up, at least CALL your Vet and get some direction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marchfest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:

i have changed the wet food to a new one and she started eating it. but i brought my cat to hospital immediately after she starts having diarrhoea (it doesn't seem to be getting better). the doc thinks the snacks i gave her is the cause of vomit (she vomited once then no more, after i gave her the snacks). she is also a lil feverish. so for now, i have her medicines :) we will see how it goes!

thanks for all of the advices/suggestion of what the black specks could be!